Chapter Fifteen: I Owe You.

Start from the beginning

Jim really did understand the way some things worked. They just did.

"I.." Sherlock pauses for a second and Jim turns to face him. "I've been thinking." Sherlock continues.

Jim's palms were sweaty, not knowing quite what to expect.

"About?"

"About everything that happened.. and I realised something," Sherlock was speaking more confidently now.

Jim didn't even detect the nervous quiver his voice had until it was gone. The detective had a soft smile on his face too, and Jim automatically relaxes at the sight of it. 

"What's that?" Jim questions, smiling back gently as well.

He had a feeling he'd be okay with whatever Sherlock planned on saying. Not that he'd ever admit that, obviously.

"Well.." There's a long pause and Jim's heart jumps all over the place "I owe you a trip to the funfair, don't I?"

After blinking a few times, the words fully register and Jim breaks out into a large grin, his shoulders shaking as he let's out a soft, light laugh. Sherlock's smile increases in size too and he grins back at Jim, happy that things weren't weird or awkward anymore. Seems they were just going to avoid talking about it.

"You do, don't you?" Jim says, still laughing.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow. Eleven, okay?" Sherlock asks, tilting his head to the side and giving Jim the most adorable smile he'd ever seen.

He looked like a little kid sweetly asking his mother if she loved him.

"Yeah," Jim nods, a bit breathless. Really, Sherlock could be so beautiful at times.

Sherlock stays for a little longer and they talk like they normally would. Sherlock teases Jim, and Jim teases back, snapping each time he got called 'James'. Then Jim seems to remember where he was and that he really should be working and he sends Sherlock away.

Sherlock winks as he leaves, thankfully not noticing how red that made Jim go.

One thing was for sure; Jim sure as hell regretted telling Sherlock to let him go.

This was better for them. Keeping things light and just seeing if it got them anywhere. If Jim sat around and thought about it too much, he'd end up pushing Sherlock away and hurting them both.

Jim felt ten thousand times better when he walked home. He had a skip in his step again and when he bumped into Molly on his way out (quite literally - her paperwork went everywhere) she noticed the change immediately and beamed at him.

The moment he gets home, Jim slips his shoes off and settles on the sofa wit his legs crossed as if he were about to start a yoga session. He slides his laptop out of it's case that sat on the coffee table and starts it up, resting his beloved machine on his lap.

For once, however, it wasn't his way of ignoring the world around him. This time, he was opening his laptop in hopes that he'd waste time and tomorrow would come sooner.

He couldn't wait for the funfair.

-----

Starting Up....

-----

Username: Jim_06

Password: pasS12>woRd00

-----

Loading...

-----

Welcome back, Jim_06!