Chapter 2: How to Make a Nerd Like You

Start from the beginning

I just sighed.

After having our lunch, we separated ways since we have different schedules but Taehyung and Jungkook went with me since we have History for the next period.

Honestly, about our project, it will only take us probably three days or a week to finalize them all and prepare for the report. Knowing Jiwon, she surely thinks about that as well so the project isn't an enough reason for me to always go near her. I just hope that fate is really with me this time.

Last week, I may have had a little progress with her but I can sense the awkwardness clouding on our atmosphere for her point of view and I know it will really take me a lot of time and effort before I can finally make her be comfortable with me and like me back, eventually.

Again, just like what we always do, we went to class early so that I could stare at her. Tae supports me in that part that's why he comes with me and other than that, he gets time to flirt with some girls. Some tries to flirt with me but when Jiwon is around, my attention is only on her. I don't entertain those girls because Jiwon just captivates me without even trying, even if she's just sitting there and reading. I do not want to describe this feeling as love but I know for sure that I definitely like her so much.

She removed her glasses to wipe her eyes. I intently watched her movements, from how she closed her eyes and wiped them until she opened them again. She stared at nowhere for a bit, still, her glasses off and then suddenly turned to my direction. Her eyes landed on mine and a smile automatically crossed my lips. She smiled back ㅡ which I was not expecting at all ㅡ making my heart suddenly jump in happiness.

Jiwon wore her glasses again and read her book. I closed my eyes as I tried to calm my rapidly beating heart. She really gives me this effect. I hate this feeling but I love it at the same time.

This may sound cheesy but after seeing her smile like that at me, it feels like my whole day is complete. Her smile is like an electricity which fully charged me that I suddenly feel so lively today. I ended up reciting, even getting a perfect score for our quiz today because I feel so inspired; I feel so lively that Taehyung is weirded out but I couldn't careless.

Taehyung just looked at me using his judgemental stare and if Jungkook is just near us and saw me like this, I know that he'll be scrunching his nose as both him and Tae will whisper things about me and end up making fun of me. Tch, those dorks.

After History, Taehyung and Jungkook separated ways with me. On my next class, I don't really have someone with me. On my way their, I caught Jiwon walking ahead of me and I automatically paced by her side, surprising her.

"Did I scare you?" I asked, chuckling. She shyly smiles and nods. Damn, that's so cute.

"I guess you don't feel awkward with me anymore," I said even if I know that's a lie. Like I mean, it's our second time to actually talk to each other.

Silence surrounded us for awhile until she sighed and looked down on the ground. "Honestly, I feel awkward," she confessed.

"Why?" I asked. She remained quiet and there, I could sense that she feels awkward again. "Hey?" I called her again.

She heaved a sigh before speaking. "Iㅡ It's just unreasonable of me and you might think I am fantasizing over you."

"You are what?!" I teased.