Kittens and droids

Lyra's POV:Burke had been confined to one room with Hicks watching him

Lyra's POV:
Burke had been confined to one room with Hicks watching him. Newt was currently asleep on her sister's lap. "I'm gonna go look around ok?" Hawk said. His mother nodded and said "stay in between these two rooms. Be careful if you go into the outside hall." Hawk nodded and Max said "I'll go too. I'm bored anyway." She picked up her skateboard and followed Hawk out of the room. I sighed and watched them leave. I went to the far side of the room and sat down, Billy sitting next to me. "Still mad at me?" I asked. Billy shook his head while exhaling on a cigarette. "You sure?" Billy huffed and said "yes, Lyra. I'm not mad. I wasn't really mad at you. I was just mad. I don't know how to explain it." "I do. You were mad that Maia was in danger." I said as I took his cigarette from him, inhaling on it. Billy snatched it back from me and said "don't smoke to impress me. Your asthma." I half smiled and leaned my head on his shoulder. He put his arm around me and I said "Maia was in danger and you were mad. You were scared something bad would happen to her." Billy rolled his eyes and said "so what if I was." "That means you like kids." Billy sighed and said "I guess." I kissed his cheek and said "that's really cute." Billy rolled his eyes again and I kissed his cheek.

Hawk's POV:
Max and I were walking around the outside hall. She put her board on the floor and skated, wheels making noise as they rolled across the grates.

This place looked old

This place looked old. There was a room with a door that hadn't been sealed off. Max and I stopped at the doorway. "Wanna go in?" She asked. I stepped into the room cautiously and Max picked up her board, holding it in her hand. There was broken glass on the floor, Max stepped on some as she walked ahead of me. "You think this was a lab?" I shrugged and said "maybe." Max picked up a jar that had something inside and there were cages in the back of the room. "What's in there?" I said as I walked over to Max. She held the jar up and said "don't know. Looks like a jellyfish or something." "You ever seen one?" She shook her head and said "nope. I've lived in space my whole life." "I saw one. Once." "Really?" I nodded and Max said "that's amazing." She set her board on the ground and began skating around me in a circle. I smiled at her and she said "I can't wait till we get off of this planet. Can't you?" "I can't wait. It's driving me crazy."