Facehugger attack

Lyra's POV:I walked into the med lab where the children were sleeping

Lyra's POV:
I walked into the med lab where the children were sleeping. Ripley was asleep with Newt and Calypso was with Maia. I sat down on Max's bed and stroked her head. Max sighed as I pulled her into my lap. I played with her orange locks and there was a skittering sound. I looked over at Ripley who was awake now. "What was that?" She whispered. I shrugged and the noise was heard again. "Wake the kids." She said. I nodded and she woke up Newt while I woke up the rest of the kids. Calypso said "what's going on?" "There's something in here." I said. Max scooted closer to me on the bed. Then I saw it. I gasped and said "it's a Facehugger." Skittering was heard once again. Hawk pulled his knees to his chest and Halo looked around cautiously. Newt pointed to the corner of the room and Ripley said "I'm going to open the door. You kids, stay here." Cossete pulled Newt closer to her and Zane said "is it still in the corner?" Ripley pulled on the door, nothing happening. "It's locked." She said. My eyes widened and Hawk said "what do you mean it's locked?" Max clutched my arm and said "Lyra?" I grabbed Billy's lighter out of my pocket, flicking it on. I looked for sprinklers on the ceiling, I stood on the bed and held the lighter under a sprinkler. Water shot out of them and Ripley went back towards Newt's bed. "Now, someone will come and let us out." I said. Halo looked over the side of her bed and Hawk screamed. "There!" Max turned around and Hawk stood up, running towards me. Newt yelped and Ripley looked around for a weapon. Maia stared at the Facehugger, staring like this was a normal occurrence for her.

The Facehugger began jumping towards the kids, trying to get each one

The Facehugger began jumping towards the kids, trying to get each one. Halo tried to slice it with her metal rods and Hawk grabbed Max. Zane ran over to my side of the room. Calypso threw things at it, trying to get it away from Halo. Maia stood up and tried to move towards Hawk, who was on my side of the room and she was on the opposite. The Facehugger skittered towards her and I immediately threw myself in front of her. It jumped at me, I caught it before it could attach itself to my face. It's tail wrapped around my throat and I began to choke. "Lyra!" Max screamed. I looked over to the door and saw that Billy, Hudson and Blaze were trying to get into the room. Sarah yelled at them to get the door open. "Mom! Get the door open!" Hawk said. Newt ran to the glass and banged on it. "Help! Help!" She said. Billy kicked the door in and Max ran to the door. "Hudson!" Newt said as she pointed to me. Hudson grabbed the tail around my neck, trying to pull it off. Everything was starting to blur, my airways getting cut off. Hudson aimed his gun at the Facehugger and said "I'm gonna shoot it." I shook my head quickly and Halo said "pull it off of her!" Hudson grabbed it and pulled it off. I gasped for air and Max was clinging to Billy. Blaze walked over to me and Hudson said "you ok?" I held my throat and nodded. Water was spraying everywhere. Maia went to run over to Billy, slipping on the ground. She fell on her arm and a crack was heard. Sarah aimed her gun at the Facehugger and shot it.

Maia cried as she held her arm

Maia cried as she held her arm. Billy pushed Max aside gently and said "what happened?" "My arm." She said as she held it. Calypso rushed over and began tending to her daughter who had just broken her arm. Blaze ran his fingers over my throat softly and said "are you ok?" I shrugged and Blaze grabbed me by my arms. "I need a yes." I looked up at him and said "yes. I'm fine." He hugged me and I clung to him. Calypso was currently wrapping her daughter's broken arm.

Zane walked over to Max and said "you ok?" She nodded while putting her hands in her jacket pockets

Zane walked over to Max and said "you ok?" She nodded while putting her hands in her jacket pockets. Billy helped Calypso with Maia and Hawk said "mom, that was awesome." "You couldn't of shot it quicker?" Ripley said. Sarah scoffed and said "bite me." Hawk smirked as his mother talked back. Halo smiled at her mother who currently rolled her eyes at Ripley.

Call walked into the room and began to usher the kids into the other room with everyone else

Call walked into the room and began to usher the kids into the other room with everyone else. David walked in and picked up Maia, carrying her closely to him. Billy watched as David carried the young girl. Hudson patted my back and said "glad you're ok." I nodded to him and he walked out of the room. Calypso was talking to Billy and I said "we should go." Blaze nodded and said "yeah." I stepped forward a little too fast, forgetting the floor was wet. I slipped and Blaze caught me before I fell. I looked up at him and his hand was at my lower back. He blinked a few times, his lips parted.

"Lyra, come here

"Lyra, come here." Billy said. Blaze let go of me and I walked over to Billy, who was currently checking me for any more wounds. "I'm ok. Let's just drop what happened ok?" "What were you thinking?" Billy asked me. "What? Maia would've died if I hadn't of got in front of her." I said. Billy's eyes widened and he said "you jumped in front of her?! Are you crazy?!" I flinched a little and said "Billy, I had to. Please don't be mad at me." He scoffed and walked away from me. I bit my lip and Blaze said "he's an asshole." "Yeah, I'm aware." Blaze put his arm around me and I hugged him, feeling like shit because of Billy. "He'll get over it." Blaze said. "Will he?"

Here's the update! Sorry I haven't updated this book in a while
~skylar✨☁️✨☁️