♕♚031♔♛

▽▲ ▽▲▽
third person pov

The tip of the blade that sat in Rory's palm lightly pressed against the pads of her fingers. It was late in the morning and usually everyone was either sleeping or hanging out in their so called rooms. However, this was usually where everyone found her if she wasn't out in the town.

Rory caught her bottom lip as she stared at the floor, the knife pressing into her skin more as she went off into space. Her eyebrows were drawn together causing a small line to form between her brows.

She wasn't able to focus all morning. Clouds of confusion constantly hung over her head since they even came to this town, but it was still by far her favorite place they'd been to. Something about it made her want to stay, however, she didn't want to stay in the place Kailer would call a home.

"You should put that down before you draw blood," a voice spoke up, pulling her from whatever planet she landed on. Her eyes moved up from the dusty floor to meet a pair of hazel eyes.

"Daniel," she gave a small smile upon seeing him. He smiled back, but she saw how dead his eyes looked. She opened her mouth only to close it back up and press her lips together. She quiet and quickly thought of what to say, careful of her words even though there was little she could offer. "I'm sorry about your sister."

Daniel took in a breath of air and nodded his head slowly allowing the words to sink in once again. He had heard it in the hospital and then when he got back last night.

"Me too," he murmured and hesitated in taking some steps towards her. He met her eyes and gave her a small, but genuine smile that told her he was okay. "She's in a better place."

"Yeah," Rory responded quietly and allowed a silence to pass over them.

When Daniel told Kailer that he would be bringing his sister, they thought he meant she got better. They should've known better though. His sister was very sick and she couldn't have possibly gotten healthy that fast. Daniel ended up talking about what he had left of her which was a bracelet that he got her when he first had to leave her.

"I was serious about putting the knife down, you know," Daniel gave a small chuckle as he carefully took the knife from her before she could protest. She went to grab it, but he turned away from her and tried to throw it at the wall where she freshly spray painted a bulls eye. It hit the wall then clinked to the floor as a failed attempt.

"You shouldn't touch a knife," Rory responded with a little laugh before nudging him. She then walked passed him and picked up the knife before going back beside him.

"Hater," he sings his response. Rory throws him a mocking look before pulling her arm back to throw her blade, but a voice stopped her.

"Wrong target." Kailer bent down and snatched the cab of spray paint off the floor before going and painting a human figure. "There we go."

Rory stared at the new paint on the wall then glanced to Kailer who was waiting expectantly. Rory stared at him, squeezing the weapon in her hand.

"I think target practice can wait. Rory's taking me to look around town," Daniel cleared his throat, jumping into the situation. He did that often as an effort to help the girl out.

Kailer stared at Rory, his eyes searching hers before slowly moving to Daniel. Kailer didn't like him much, but he needed him so he couldn't do much about him.