♕♚002♔♛

▽▲ ▽▲▽
third person pov

"I know it's not what you're used to, but I hope that you'll find a way to make yourself at home."

"N-No, it's...perfect," Xiulan stuttered, uncomfortable with the little English that she knew. However, she was uncomfortable either way since she was in a whole new place and she was rather shy.

"Melinda, have you seen...oh hello," a boy with bright blue eyes and dirty blonde hair said, coming out of the garage. He was wearing a blue soccer jersey and a pair of black pants with a beanie covering most of his head.

He stopped in his tracks and his pretty sky blue eyes landed on her. He was much taller than Xiulan and was a little older than her.

"Xiulan," the brunette woman that would be housing her smiled and looked between her and the boy. "This is my adoptive son, Carson. Carson, this is the girl that we'll be housing. Huang Xiulan."

"H-Hi," Xiulan spoke quietly and his mouth curved up in a friendly smile.

"Hey, uh...nice to meet you."

"Sweetie, could you show her to her room. I need to go run a couple errands and I'll pick something up for dinner."

"Yeah, sure," Carson nodded, smiling at Melinda. The woman nodded and turned before walking off to do what she said. "Here, let me help you with that."

Carson reached for her bag, but she flinched back, not really understanding.

"Sorry," he muttered, scratching the back of his neck. "Follow me."

Xiulan nodded and he led her down the hallway. He told her what each room was and luckily, she understood that and nodded her head. The house wasn't too big so she was easily able to remember what was what.

"And this is your room," Carson said, reaching the end of the hallway and pointing to the door on the left. There were two doors, both across from one another. "The one across is mine so if you need anything just knock."

"Okay," Xiulan muttered before looking into her bedroom. There was a bed with pink bed sheets and a colorful mandala comforter. A white desk was placed in front of the window, a large dresser pushed against the wall, and a fluffy pink rug was placed in the middle of the room. There was a bunch of colorful office supplies on her desk and some clothes hanging in the closet. She also had all kinds of pillows and stuffed animals on the bed.

"Melinda always wanted a daughter so she kind of went wild," Carson chuckled and leaned against the door frame as she looked around the room. He made sure not to enter so he didn't freak her out. "I helped her pick some stuff out, hopefully it's okay."

"Y-you didn't have to...buy all this."

"It'll make it more comfortable. Less like a prison...n-not that it is! I just-you know, not plain? Sorry I'm a little nervous. I don't want you to take things the wrong way since I know you can't really speak English and you probably don't understand what I'm saying . I mean I-I admire your choice to...experience a new...world? That's cool. Yeah."

Xiulan chuckled at his sudden nervousness. She was happy to know that she want the only one who felt that way.

"It's okay, Carson," Xiulan nodded.

"Hunter."

"Huh," she looked at him, confused.

"I'd like to go by Hunter. It's weird, but I just...I like the name and it was the name I was born with so yeah."

"Oh...okay...Hunter."

A light blush covered the older boy's cheeks and his eyes moved away from her as hers touched him,"Thanks."

▽▲ ▽▲▽

"So what do you think, Xiulan," Mr. Qui asked, snapping Scarlett out of her thoughts. She sat in her desk, she was on her laptop choosing her classes for spring semester. She only had a two business classes left and she was going to take another dance and music production class.

"I...say that again," Scarlett mentally shook herself and blinked at the middle aged man. He made a disappointed face and straightened a little.

"Is there something bothering you, Xiulan? I've been talking for the past ten minutes and you caught nothing."

"N-No, I'm just a little tired. That's all," she shrugged her shoulders and sat up in her chair. "Please just tell me the gist of it."

Mr. Qui searched her eyes, but hadn't pushed her. "I was saying that it would be good to overlook the happenings in another entertainment company."

"I'm not exactly connected to-"

"I've already talked to the CEO of Yueha Entertainment and they've allowed that you sit in to see how they work."

"Seriously? That's so cool I-"

"With the exception that you work with them when your company comes out."

"That's not even a problem," Scarlett waved off, trying it to fangirl in her place.

"Very well," Mr. Qui nodded his head, standing to his feet as there was a knock at Scarlett's office door. The door was open and in the way was Yanjun who was leaning on the door frame. Mr. Qui gave him a glance before looking to the young woman again. "I'll let them know then I'll talk to you about the details...again."

With that, he left and Yanjun entered her office, closing the door behind him.

"I didn't know you were coming by," Scarlett got out of her chair and met him half way. Her arms wrapped around his waist as his wrapped around her shoulders. He leant down and placed a short kiss on her lips before smiling down at her.

"Surprise!"

"Aw, thanks," she giggled, squeezing him. She watched as his dimples revealed themselves and resisted the urge to poke them when he asked her a question.

"Let's get lunch?"