Chapter 8

I got home to my penthouse and quickly showered and went straight to bed. I hugged my pillow tight and I don't know why I kept crying.

My phone rang and I answered it lazily.

"Hello?."

"What's wrong?.".  It was my mom.

"Nothing. Just the weather."

There was silence on the other line. I was about to hung up when she spoke.

"I'm coming over next week."

I just hung up without saying goodbye and quickly stood up and went to the bar counter to grab a bottle of Jack. I didn't have the energy to grab a glass and ice so I just chugged it down from the bottle. I closed my eyes and these fucking memories started to flow like a bitch.

"You said that you feel like you are being neglected." Sandra stated while sitting on her doctor's chair.

"Yes. Maybe." I answered while staring at the white ceiling.

"Have you ever had the feeling of needing to prove yourself to someone?." She asked.

"Like what?."

"Like what when people doesn't believe in your credibility. Just like what you've said on our first meeting. You said that people only see you as the miss goody. They presume that you are nothing but an heiress to an empire. They don't see you as you are."

I turned to her.

"Yes. I felt like I'm supposed to prove to them that I am me. Not because of my parents. But because I am like this. I am Diana. I am proud of my surname. I am proud that they are my parents. But... I should be classified as me."

She tilted her head and smiled at me.

"You are what you are. I know you as Diana."

I smiled at her and got up from the recliner.

"Thank you Sandra. Because you are Sandra to me. Not Sunny. Not Dreyie."

We stared at each other until we were interrupted by the knock on her door. Her assistant peeked in.

"Doctor Smith your 4 o'clock is here."

"Let her in Shane." And her assistant closed the door. "See you next week Diana."

"See you Sandra."

"Yo bitch!!! Watchu doin gettin drunk this early!."

I was snapped out of my dream when someone unlovingly smacked my shoulder. I groaned in pain.

"What the Fuck Toni!!!."

"Yeah nice to see you too." She rolled her eyes at me and grabbed the bottle out of my hand.

"Why are you here?." I massaged my shoulder where she hit me.

"Maddy said you will be here today. You didn't even bother to tell me last night even though you were at my party." Toni said and took a swig from the bottle.

"Today was my first day to school."

"Uhuh. I figured. Because Maddy called and yelled at me because I made you go to my party last night so I have to check on you today."

Maddy is always the big responsible sister.

"What was the fuss about it? I thought your classes have started?".

"Yep, but my bitch here is having some issues with life and i don’t have the heart to let her punish herself alone. I wanna punish her too."
Toni shrugged and drank from the bottle of whiskey.

"I’m okay." I grabbed a cigarette and lit it up.

"Yeah. Tell that to pope in Rome."

I smiled at her and she gave me a sad smile in return.

"How are you holding up?".

"I need to finish my studies. And mom called and she said she will visit me."

"Yeah. Mom and dad sends their regards. She made a cake for you and i’m gonna bring it here tomorrow."

"Thanks."

"How was the first day? Met any hot chick? Worth spending college here in fucking US of A?".

I remembered the bitch. The lips, the ass and the husky voice. My body grew warm and i know my face is flustered. It’s either I’m angry or that bitch is making me feel bothered.

"Hmmm. You don’t have to answer that." Toni stared at me knowingly.

I frowned. "It’s not like that. My professor is a bitch that’s why i came home and drank."

"Okay."

But Toni is still staring at me so I just shook my head.

"Whatever. I’m gonna head up and help yourself. I wanna sleep. And my class starts at 7am tomorrow."

I head up my room and slumped back on my bed thinking about the bitch of a professor i have.

I must not think of her ass.
I don’t find her lips alluring.
I should think her voice is not turning me on.

I stared at my ceiling.

"Shiiiit!!!!." I screamed out of frustration.