Chapter 52

"What- what the fuck is this?". Toni says stood up from the floor too while staring at the kid.

"It's human and a little one, I'm confused too but as far as I know, we should not say words like that in front of it?". Barbara says and while I just try to tune out everything.

"You know about this?". I asked my aunt who remained frozen on her seat with the control on her hand but stares at the kid. She looked at me.

"No." She says and narrowed her eyes at Sandra who is all smiled by the way.

"Diana... I just... I came to talk to you." Sandra says to me.

"Mommy, I'm handry." The little girl says again and tugged at Sandra's dress with a slight pout this time.

"Okay, I'll- feed her first... But... Can we talk?". Sandra says while pulling the kid up to her arms.

I just stared blankly at her, then to the kid, then back at Sandra again.

"Uh-yeah. Yeah sure." I said and nodded.

"Can I- can I feed her here?". Sandra asks.

"You can feed her on my room." My aunt says while still staring at the kid.

She led Sandra to her room without glancing back at us. I covered my face with both of my hands and exhaled.

"My god." Toni says.

"That's an understatement." Barbara says and when I looked at her, she was opening a bottle of vodka. She poured four glasses and handed one to Maddie while walking towards me and Toni then handing us each.

I accepted it but didn't drink it.

"Sandra and I will talk. But let's drink later." I said to her.

"The nerve of the bitch." Maddie muttered.

"The nerve indeed." Toni says while nodding and sipping her drink.

I stayed silent and sighed.

We all then looked at the TV at the same time when the word DEFEAT flashed on the screen. I squinted my eyes at it.

"Tell them I'm gonna double the bet for a second round." I say and Toni nodded.

My phone rang on my pocket and as I checked who's calling, it was Victoria. I stared at it first then sighed. I slide to the answer button.

"Hello babe?".

"Doyouwanttohavedinnerherelater?".

"Uh-what?". I asked again then I heard her sigh.

"Do you want to have dinner here later?".

"Yes. Sure. Dinner sounds so nice right now." I say and smiled a little. I looked at the girls who are sipping their drinks and stared right back at me.

"Okay. See you."

"See you. I love you." I said. Toni and Barbie choked on their drinks.

"I love you too." She says and hung up the call.

I looked at the girls and frowned. "What?".

"You're going to tell her, right?". Maddie is the one who is glaring at me while sipping her drink.

"I'm gonna tell her whatever me and Sandra will talk about. We made sure to understand each other and honesty is what what really holds every relationship. We are going to make ours work. So hell or high water, I'll be with her." I say with indignation.

Maddie sighed, "You better make sure. Hell or high water or that fucking bitch, also known as Sandra will not get in between you. That kid isn't yours!". She says and the last sentence she whisper- yelled at me.