Chapter 39

Nursing a hangover by the next day and wearing sunglasses while sitting on my chair with a room full of college freshmen who were gaping like fishes at you is really tiring.

"You, solve the equation." I said as I stare at the curly haired brunette with braces. I was about to lash at her when I realized I was wearing a sunglass and she doesn't have any idea who the hell I was referring. I cleared my throat, "You curly hair with an eye soring orange shoes."

She looked around first and then she noticed her dashing orange shoes. She stood up and walked towards the board. I was observing the student solving the equation when I heard another giggle.

I looked around hastily that I almost snapped my neck, only to find Diana Hawthorne and the same brunette girl with heads down while looking at the notebook.

"Hand it to me." I said calmly as I stare at them. Then realising my mistake again, while rolling my eyes. I depend on these eyes so much.

"Miss Hawthorne and Miss Diet, hand me that notebook right now!". I shouted which I regretted right away because I felt another harsh pounding at the back of my brain.

"Diet?". The brunette girl choked and gaped at me.

"Yes. Give me that notebook." I glared at her which is useless because I have sunglasses. Stupid me.

"My last name is-".

"I know. Now, give me that notebook or you will drop this class this instance."

She hesitantly walked towards my table and put the notebook in front of me while Diana grunted looking displeased.

"I'm sorry." I heard Diana say and touched the girls' shoulder and the girl smiled.

I took the notebook and opened it. It contained some graphic sketches of most of the things that could be seen outside. Nature, animals, flowers, some girl wielding a sword. And when I saw the last sketch, something bubbled inside of me and before I knew it, I tear each page without batting an eye.

"No!". I heard somebody gasp and soon followed by a sob.

The girl who was answering the equation dropped the marker pen on the podium and stared at me. When I looked at the room, most of the students were gaping at me with eyes open so wide.

"Anybody who wants to do something else, get out. I teach Clinical Psychology and Mathematics, not art. Anybody got a problem with that, see yourself out." I let them soak in the moment while I myself stare at Diana Hawthorne, her eyes raging and shooting daggers at me.

She was supposed to stood up to me. As I would expect that, exchanging hurtful words. This time, she just pursed her lips and clenched her hands into fists. That made even more furious because she smiled at the brunette and touched her shoulder.

"Class dismissed. I will see all of you Friday." I said in the calmest tone I could muster.

What is happening to me?

One by one, the students slowly left the classroom and the girl immediately stood up and picked up some of the pieces of the notebook that has her sketches. Though I don't want to look at her anymore, I still see her sniffing her nose and crying.

In the corner of my eye, as I stood up and gathered my things, Diana started to pick up the pieces of papers too. I clenched my jaw once again and grabbed my bag walking out hastily from my own classroom.

"Why are you being such a cunt?!". I heard her shout at me and I turned around seeing her clutching the papers. Her eyes now shooting balls of fire at me.