Chapter 61

"Peter Smith was found dead in his office at Sweden last year." My mother says again, her voice filled with disdain.

"What?". I gasped.

"He's dead." My mom says again.

I was left speechless and I felt Victoria squeezing my shoulder.

"This makes it more complicated. Who the heck supports her? She did say she has no one." Madeleine says.

"This is just so... Fucked." Toni says while grimacing.

"How did you find out?". I ask.

"I called some people to find him right away because out of all the things Sandra has done, this is by far the worse." My mother says. "I also have some of our trusted people put on security and track her down with whoever it was working with her."

I sighed and looked at Victoria who seemed too quiet.

"Are you okay?". I ask my girlfriend.

Victoria then looked at me nodded.

"I'm sorry if you got caught up with all this. I will make sure to get into the bottom of things. And I hope my mom did not dissuade you or anything again." I say to her.

"She did not. We just spoke about some... things. You should not worry about it." She says and smiled a bit.

I sighed again and caressed her face. I was about hug her but the door opened with my disheveled aunt.

"Peter is dead." My aunt says breathlessly.

"Uh- we are talking about it now." Madeleine says while shrugging.

"Ugh. I was shocked to know about it." My aunt says and slumped to the couch.

"What's the plan then?". Barbara asks.

"I have people taking care of it, right now, and we have to make sure that that woman will not go anywhere near any of you." My mom says.

"Regardless of the result, I will take care of the kid." I say and looked at Victoria. "Victoria and I will take care of the kid."

My girlfriend nodded and smiled at me.

"Finals are coming up and I won't be able to come back here as often as I can." Madeleine says.

"I say we just get on with our lives and just keep an eye for that psycho." Barbara says and anger is evident on her face.

"Keep an eye? I say we head hunt that bitch and see what this shite is all about." My aunt says then yawned.

"My finals are coming up too. I've missed school so much. The kid and I will be staying at Victoria's house." I say.

"I'll go with Madeleine. She's the one farthest from us." My aunt says and I rolled my eyes.

"Guess me and Barbara can stay at my place cos our school is closer." Toni says.

"No one will stay at the condo or the love nest?". I ask.

"I think, what you all have discussed is much better option than be away from each other." My mother says.

"You're right. We'll get on with our lives but we have to watch out for her. I'm still thinking that she's not working alone. But I trust you have your people working on this matter, Agatha." My aunt says to my mother, who in return nodded.

"Of course. I'm not gonna let that woman anywhere near my daughter again. And you are sporting a black eye." My mother says and I know that she has been itching to give my aunt an earful because the nasty bruise around my aunt's eye is very catchy.