Chapter 56

The tension inside the apartment could burst the air-condition. The only person who seemed to not be affected is the kid. She's playing with her doll while watching TV and eating her biscuit.

Madeleine is twitching on her seat, Barbara is keeps glancing around everyone, Toni chews her bottom lip, my aunt sitting on the couch looking cozy but she keeps tapping her foot on the floor. Victoria, my sweet sweet girlfriend is lingering in the kitchen.

I sighed again. "Babe?". I called out to Victoria and she tentatively peeked her head out from the kitchen.

"Come here. I want you to meet someone." I say and Victoria walked towards me.

"Danica, kid..." I say and the kid looked at me. "Come here."

The kid stood up and walked towards me. I knelt down so I could level with her.

"I want you to meet my very very special friend." I say and looking straight into those blue eyes identical to Sandra's, I smiled. Without looking at Victoria, I held my hand and she took it. "This is Victoria. She's really really nice and awesome. I'll be living with her for awhile and since your uh- mommy uh- had uh- little accident, you will be staying with me and Victoria too. Is that okay with you?".

The kid looked at Victoria and back at me.

"Wee mommy be out long?". The kid says in a sad tone.

"No. No. Uhhhh- she'll be back as soon as she gets better. You know? Uhm she's uh- sick and uh- she don't want to get you sick too." I say with a slight wince.

"Does she have the cooties?". The kid says while nibbling her lip.

"Coo-cooties?". I ask while frowning. Before I could say anything, Victoria squatted right beside me.

"Yes she does, dear girl. And you know how bad the cooties are, right? Once the cooties are gone, she will be back and see you. But for now, you'll be staying with us." Victoria says.

"Are you mummy's friend?". The kid asked Victoria and I think I was more apprehensive about the answer than the kid.

"I could be your friend. I will take care of you." Victoria answers.

"Buts I see Sophia here. Do you have Sophia too?". The kid says and I glanced at the TV, she must've meant Sophia the first.

"Of course I do. And I have more princesses there too." Victoria says and it just amazed me how she was able to interact with the kid.

"Otay. We wee go now?". The kid asks and stepped closer to Victoria.

"We will go later." I say to the kid and the kid grinned at me.

"Tank you, Ani. Will Aya, wet me pway wit da pwinceses?".

I smiled, "You should ask her kid."

"Aya, wee you wet me pway wit da pwinceses?". The kid grinned looking excited.

"Of course. Why won't you be ready for your nap and when you wake up, we'll go there." Victoria says and stood straight back up again.

"Wee will?".

"Yes, of course."

I stood back up too.

"Otay." The kid says then ran to take her bottle and walked towards the bedroom. "Bee, tan you wopen da doow?".

I frowned and I see Barbara stood up and opened the door for the kid.

"Tank you!". The kid says and walked inside the room.

"Yeah yeah, the kid takes a nap by herself." Barbara says in a hushed tone.

I glared at them, "We all need to talk."