18

Part 1

Bella

The door opened and there stood my dad. I've seen pictures of him before and now it feels surreal. He's tall and I can definitely see I got my completion from him.

"Hello girls. Please come in." He welcomed us. We stepped inside as he closed the door. He directed us to the living room and it was very dark inside due to the curtains being closed.

"Sorry that it's a little dusty and dark here. I can't have too much sunlight on my skin so I keep the curtains closed." He said. We all sat down on his couch as he slowly took a seat in his rocking chair.

"So I guess I should start by introducing myself." Kelly said.

"I'm Kelly, Beyoncé's cousin on Tina's side." She began saying.

"Oh I remember you Kelly when you were younger. Nice seeing you again." Mathew said. We all looked surprised.

"You do?" She said.

"Yeah, you and Beyonce were always stuck to each other as if y'all were sisters. Your mother was my classmate in grade school and was the one who introduced me to her sister who's obviously Tina." He said. It was kinda silent for a moment as I focused more on the TV than anything else.

"Before it gets even more awkward, let me just get some things out the way. I'll start with you Beyonce." He said. I looked at Beyonce and she still had that same neutral face.

"Once I graduated high school, I didn't have any direction in my life. I was always the class clown and a bit on the rebellious side so I guess that followed me in my young adult life. I found a decent job working in a warehouse and would hang out with my buddies on the weekends. I did pretty much any and everything including light drugs like weed and popping a few pills but once I was like 25 that's when everything took a turn for the worse." He paused for a moment and placed his hands on his lap.

"Like I said before, Tina and I met during school and we were on and off again in our early 20's. We hooked up throughout those years but when she became pregnant, that's when we took our relationship seriously and things were good during that time. I still had my warehouse job and she had already finished Beauty school by the time she was 6 months pregnant. She gave birth and we moved in together. It wasn't until you were like 3 when Tina started doing cocaine, and from her peer pressure, I decided to do that too." He continued. I was glued to the story, as we all were.

"We were so bad off we would leave you with any and everyone to the point where my mother, your grandma Sophia, took you from us until you were 6. She was getting really old and she placed you in foster care. At the time, the foster family was a family friend but they had a lot of kids themselves so unbeknownst to us they went back to social services and got you another family to replace. The thing is, the new family were planning to move to Houston no matter what so once it was finalized and we found out, it was too late you had already been living with them for a couple of months by then." He said.

"So when you did figure out I was in Houston, how was Grandma Sophia still able to send me birthday and Christmas cards but not you and my mom?" Beyonce asked.

"I was still on drugs and honestly, I wasn't thinking about anyone at that point in my life. My mother and family would tell me I need to get myself together for you, but I just didn't have the willpower to do so. I can't speak for Tina but she had more self control when she would go to rehab and get clean but with drugs you'll always be a recovering addict. You never really stop having that urge." He explained.

"So why did y'all have me knowing y'all weren't going to raise me?" I asked.

"Well I was doing good for a good bit and truthfully I knew that if I got Tina pregnant again, I would know that for at least a year she'll be clean and on the right path. Beyoncé had to have been like 17 or 18 at the time but I felt like if it worked back then, it's possible. Tina loved y'all both and took the best care but with you Bella she ending up having postpartum depression and turned to drugs once again as her outlet which led to her unfortunate overdose." He said.

"Wow. This is a lot to unpack. Can you explain your health condition?" Kelly said. By this point I'm just trying to process everything he's saying. He's not really putting the blame on anything or anyone in particular but I still feel like he could've reached out to us to matter how bad off he was.

"Well I have Lupus. It's not curable and I've been taking so much medicine for the past years and it's getting worse. It's so expensive and I just don't have the funds for it, especially now that Brenecia is living with me full time." He said.

"Speaking of her, where is she?" I finally spoke for the first time.

"She's taking her nap but soon she'll be running down these steps." He said. I sat back on the couch and leaned more onto Bey's body since she was in the middle. She went ahead and wrapped her arm around me.

"So how did you two connect?" Matthew asked.

"Well Niecy has been taking care of her all this time and I didn't know that until she randomly called me one day and told me. I was confused about it but once I went over to her house and she explained it, we just became close and now she's living with me." Beyonce said. I'm actually glad she didn't mention anything about my arrest because I don't think that should concern him anyways.

"I know an apology is well overdue and I don't expect any of y'all to accept but I truly am sorry for the pain and neglect I brought y'all. I didn't step up as a father at all. I let my own selfish ways get in the way of building up a relationship with you both. I lost out on so many precious years, and now you're such a superstar Beyoncé and I'm sure you'll have your own successful path too Bella. I can only hope that Brenecia has you all, including you Kelly, as role models in her life because I know my days are getting shorter.

"Is it money you need for your medicine or something? That doesn't have to be the case." Beyonce said.

"It does play a role in it but I won't accept it because when God says it's time for me to go, it's time. I want to ween off of the medicine and I've made peace with death." He said.

"But if you don't have to die so soon, why can't you accept her help?" I butted in.

"It's a little more to that Bella. I've experienced life in ways I hope you all never have to go through and while I don't think my illness is punishment from  God, I do think I'm just tired of fighting life. I don't want y'all to think so much of it because I'm truly at peace and now that I've seen you three, you just don't know the happiness I feel right now. I kept up with your career throughout the years Beyonce and Bella, I'm so glad you have your sister to lean on to." He said, almost tearing up a bit.

~~~~
Beyoncé

"Do you mind if I give you two a hug right now?" Mathew asked us. I'm not gonna lie, that did throw me for a loop but I wasn't gonna deny a hug from my father.

Me and Bella stood up and watched Mathew take some time standing up himself and we all embraced in a hug. I saw a flash behind us and I turned a little to see Kelly recording the moment.

After the hug, he looked at us more closely and gave us individual hugs, which I really appreciated. I actually got emotional and started crying.

"It's okay. I'm really sorry. Please forgive me." Matthew spoke into my ear over and over as I cried. I hugged him tightly as didn't want to let him go. I think all the pain I've endured being in foster care and never having a real family came into my mind and overwhelmed me. Matthew is my only living parent and the fact that he's facing death has me really emotional.

After our hug, I wiped my tears and took my seat. Kelly rubbed my back and gave me tissue so I can get myself together. We caught up some more for a good 15 minutes until I heard heavy feet coming down the stairs.

"DADDY!" I heard yelling in the cutest little voice ever.

"In the living room Bre. I want you to meet some people." Matthew said back. Then appeared the most adorable little girl ever.

"Bre Bre, there's some people I want you to meet." Matthew told her. She glanced our way and stood right in front of me.

Too Good To Be True [COMPLETED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें