Mommy's Surprise

**Aphmau's POV**

    The curtains swept towards each other, marking the end of the show. I held my position and smile until the fabric met in the middle before collapsing ever so slightly, relaxing muscles that had been tensed since the beginning of my first move on stage.

    Aaron grinned down on me, wrapping his arms around me in a hug. "That was amazing!" I smiled into his chest, letting him support the majority of my weight a little longer before pushing away and standing on my own two feet.

    "It really was. I can't believe it's over already." His smile slipped ever so slightly, glancing down at his feet for a second before returning his gaze to mine.

    "Same here. It was a lot of fun dan-" he was about to say more before arms wrapped around me and squeezed me tight. I grinned, turning back and hugging Nana just as tightly.

    "You did amazing Aph! And you did too Aaron! Oh my Irene I can't believe it's over!" Aaron and I exchanged a glance, laughing at Nana's enthusiasm. Cadenza joined us before the curtain rose again, revealing our faces to the public again. I composed my face again, preparing myself for the torrent of little girls and friends wanting to get a picture with me and the others.

    "Mija!" I looked around, trying to find my mother in the press of people. She appeared in front of me, engulfing me in a hug. "That was beautiful mijja! It was wonderful!" Then she pulled away and looked at my friends on either side of me, grinning at them as well. "You all did splendid! honestly, you looked like different people out there." As they thanked my mom, I turned my head slightly, looking for another familiar face in the crowd. Katelyn, Travis, and Lucinda were coming towards us, smiles reaching their ears.

    My gaze kept on moving, trying to find the familiar blue and black hair and ears. There he was, laughing with Jenny, posing for a picture with her and two little girls. Smiling, I returned my attention to the people around me just as Katelyn, Travis, and Lucinda came up. The rest of our friend group had come on opening night, but tonight, the final show, was the only time these three had been able to come because of their own shows at school. Tonight the four of us were going to their the final show of Wicked and then all of us were going to dinner at the café on campus.

"That was amazing you guys!" Katelyn threw her arms around me, squeezing me for a second before letting go and hugging Nana. Travis grinned, putting his hands in his pockets.

"It was amazing. I honestly forget how hard pointe actually is." He laughed as the three girls groaned. Aaron laughed, throwing his arm around Cadenza's shoulders.

"Half the time you're being supported by someone else, so it can't be that bad." Cadenza gasped, and elbowed him in the ribs. We laughed again.

"Aphmau!" A pair of arms wrapped around my shoulders, giving me a warm hug. I grinned, leaning back against Ein. "You were beautiful!"

"Thanks! You and Jenny did amazing too!" I looked up at him and saw him smiling down on me. Blushing ever so slightly, I pulled away and smiled at my friends. "You know my friends right? These are Lucinda, Travis, and Katelyn. They're part of the drama group." Ein nodded at them.

"I have a couple classes with you Katelyn, don't I? Anyway, it's nice to actually meet you all." Lucinda returned his nod while Travis grinned, shoving his hands into his jacket pockets.

"Yo!" I giggled at him, shaking my head ever so slightly. "What?"

"Mija? Who is this?" I froze up a little, locking eyes with Katelyn. She was snickering, hand covering her mouth. I hadn't known my mom for a long time, so I had no idea how she would react to her daughter having a boyfriend, especially one she had never even met before. I turned to face her, silently preparing myself for the worst.