Fight or Flight

**Aaron's POV**

"I'm a grown man Dad! I can take care of myself!" My father stood in front of me, anger clear in his eyes. My belongings were in my car, and I had my backpack slung over my shoulder. I had almost escaped the hell I called home, but he had caught me just as I was stepping out the door.

"I don't understand you, Aaron! Your mother and I have let you live out this far-fetched dream of yours of being a dancer, but it's time to get your head out of the clouds! You are the heir to the business, and you need to start acting like it!" I growled and huffed, anger welling up faster than it had before.

"I've told you time and time again! I don't care about the business! I want to make my own way in life! And if you can't accept that, then disown me for all I care!" I whirled on my heel and stormed out of the house and to my car.

I was growling to myself as I slammed the car door shut and started the car.

I was startled by a knock on the window. Ready to snap at my dad, I jerked my head up, anger plain in my eyes. It died away as soon as I saw Melissa standing there. I rolled the window down, allowing her to be heard.

"You okay?" She said quietly. Melissa was my older sister by four years, and she was definitely the favorite child. She had gone to business school and was training to become the Vice President of our parents' company. Of course, now that I was refusing my inheritance, she might as well become the President.

"I'm fine Melissa. Can we talk later? I really wanna leave before Dad comes out." She gave me a half smile, but her eyes were sad.

"Yeah. I get it. Have fun in your senior year at college." I gave her a grin, reaching out and giving her hand a squeeze.

"Thanks, Sis." I was about to roll my window up when she stopped me.

"Ya know, ever since that girl left, you've been a lot feister. What was her name... Aphmau?" I frowned, leaning back in my seat and thinking.

"It's been years since I've thought about her." Melissa gave me a grin before patting my shoulder.

"Maybe you should try and find her again. She was the only person who could keep you calm after all." Then she giggled and skipped back to the house, waving goodbye the entire time.

I shook my head, rolling up the window and pulling out of the driveway. My sister. I never understood her sometimes. But as I drove down the road, I realized she was right. When my best friend left, I had started acting differently. I guess that sometimes, some people can bring out the best of us. And when they leave us, everything good goes away.