Unexpected Visitors

**Aaron's POV**

"Aaron! Hey man!" As Jeffory and I walked through the doors to the cafe, a familiar blonde stood up and waved. I chuckled, making my way through the maze of tables and chairs. Garroth and the boys - Laurance, Dante, and Travis - were at a table, and they had pulled several tables over to create a bigger space. All four of them looked the same, except for Dante's cocky grin being wider and Travis having more of a mischievous glint in his eyes. Laurance looked exhausted, and Garroth was grinning.

"What about me? Am I chopped liver?" Jeffory complained, and Garroth laughed, punching him in the arm.

"Naw; you ain't that healthy." Dante sighed and shook his head, and Laurance rolled his eyes. Travis laughed, bumping against Garroth.

"Oh, Garroth. We really need to get you into an English class immediately." I chuckled again, leaning against the table and folding my arms.

"After reading your texts, I really hoped that you weren't speaking like that in real life. Obviously not." I remarked, and Laurance agreed, coming to stand next to me.

"Yep. I've had to deal with him all morning speaking like this." He paused to yawn, and I smiled. "Ugh. Caleb kept me up all night last night. I can't wait to finally sleep in a quiet room."

"Oh, but Garroth snores. He sounds like a dying walrus." I reminded him, and immediately Laurance groaned and collapsed into a chair.

"Oh Irene! Kill me now!" I smiled, but I didn't let it get any bigger. I hadn't full-out grinned in years - probably as long as since elementary school. I guess it all goes back to Aphmau. She was my best friend after all, and when you lose your friend, it's hard to let yourself feel that same sense of happiness. Yeah, I know, pretty dark. But that's how life works.

"Hey boys!" I looked towards the door to see Lucinda and Nicole coming in. Right behind them was Nana, as well as Zane and Vylad.

"Sorry I'm late!" Nana called, smoothing the wrinkles out of her pink dress. "I had absolutely no idea where I was going." Lucinda laughed, taking her hand and squeezing it.

"Oh, just you wait little freshman! Soon enough, you'll know your way around the campus like the back of your hand."Garroth beamed, going to his brothers and wrapping his arms around their shoulders. Zane grunted and tried to wriggle away, but Vylad grinned and leaned against his brother.

"Are you two doing okay? You're rooming together right?" Zane mumbled under his mask, managing to pull away from Garroth.

"Yes, Garroth. Zane and I are fine." Vylad sighed, chuckling all the while. "What about you and Laurance? Kissed your boyfriend yet?" Garroth's face exploded into color, and he pulled away from Vylad as fast as he could. Laurance chuckled, throwing his own arm around Garroth's shoulders.

"Yeah, Garroth. I haven't gotten a kiss yet." Garroth blushed even more and punched him in the gut.

"I thought I told you guys to stop it! He's not my boyfriend and never will be!" Laurance pouted before bursting into laughter.

"Okay fine. We'll stop teasing you." The door opened again, and Cadenza, fire-haired Cadenza, sauntered into the cafe. She noticed Garroth's beet-red face and Laurance laughing his head off. She smirked, folding her arms and coming to stand next to me.

"Is the couple fighting?" I nodded, giving her a smile.

"Nice to see you," I said, and she gave me a smile that could melt the hearts of any villain. I didn't like her like that, but she was the only one who still treated me the same as before high school. The others were more distant after I had been away for three years, but Cadenza was just the same - chipper and excited all the time.

"And you as well. Say, where's Katelyn? And by the way, how did you remember about Aphmau? I only remembered her once you said that on the group chat." I was about to reply when the door opened one more time. I thought nothing of it until a laugh split through the sounds of conversation. It was bright and happy, filled with spirit and joy. And it brought me back years and years.

"No fair Aaron! I can't even reach it!" Aphmau stomped her foot, pouting and giving me a glare. I giggled, grinning at my best friend.

"Well then we'll have to play again when you are taller. If you ever grow." She growled and threw herself at me, tackling me and bringing me to the ground. We wrestled for several long moments before we separated, both panting and grinning. She laughed, and then we both couldn't stop, rolling around and laughing until tears streamed from our eyes and our sides hurt worse than ever before. But it was fun.

My head jerked up and I looked around for the source. There, by the door, stood two giggling women. There was Katelyn, her blue hair tumbling down her back and her normal outfit on. She was laughing, and her blue eyes sparkled.

Then there was another woman. She looked young, about Nana or Travis's age. She had long black hair that was partially pulled up, and it reached down to about her waist. A white shirt that revealed her tan shoulders and a black skirt that brushed against her mid thighs covered her form, and she only came up to about Katelyn's nose, even with the white wedges she wore. When she looked over, soft brown eyes locked with mine. She straightened, unable to look away from everyone. She had barely changed, but at the same time... she had grown up so much.

"Aaron? What is it?" Cadenza followed my gaze and saw Katelyn and the woman. She gasped, looking back at me once more. "That isn't... no..." Katelyn straightened up from laughing and grabbed the woman's wrist. She pulled her over, and the sounds of conversation and laughter faded away. Everyone's gaze was focused on the young black-haired woman.

"Hey guys... this is Aphmau. She's finally come home."