Warnings and Stupid Decisions

Inside the house was chaos. Heartbreaking chaos. I could hear it as I reached the doorstep.

"Destinee!!" Raine cried. "What are you doing?!"

"Where's Myles?" I asked noticing Raines red eyes.

Raine tried to answer but it came out as a sob.

"No!!" I shouted. I ran up the stairs.

Myles was laying on the floor. His face was pale and his breathing was ragged. He was sweating profusely.

"Destinee." He croaked which made me burst into tears.

I heard sirens signaling the authorities arrival.

I took Myles's hand.

Everyone surrounded us with quiet somber faces.

"Remember that day outside the Panther?" I asked him.

He nodded slightly.

"We were in the same position, I told you I wouldn't let you die."

"It's too late this time." He whispered.

"No." I insisted shaking my head.

"I was already sick." He starts breathing heavier now.

A door slammed open and people started rushing upstairs. I moved out of the way do that the doctors could get to him.

Raine took my hand and squeezed it. I could tell he was in pain. We watched silently as Myles was carried away on a stretcher.

The ride to the hospital was quiet. We were all squished in Raines BMW. I could hear a chorus of sniffles, which made me want to cry harder. But I had to hold on. For Raine.

"You knew him." Somebody said bluntly. It was Heath.

"Knew who?" I asked, my voice shaking. I knew this would come. I knew they would hate me.

"The guy that attacked Myles. I saw you talking to him. You said his name!" Heaths voice rose with anger.

I cringed as more tears fell.

"Leave her alone Heath." Raine growled.

"Shut up Hollywood." Heath retorted. "She brought this to us. If anything happens to Myles, it'll be on you. You killed him." He hissed.

I gasped. Heavy sobs racking my body.

Raine took my hand again. "I said to leave her alone! you think she wanted this to happen any more than you did?!!"

"She didn't try to stop it! she could have left!!'

"I won't let her leave! We're all in this together!"

"No, Raine." I said. "He's right. And that's why I said I would go to California with you." I paused to compose myself. "When we visited ricohe promised to come after me. He won't give up. He's gonna marry me." I whispered the last part, half hoping he wouldn't hear me.

I had no such luck.

"He what?!! You didn't tell me that!!"

"Because I knew you'd get like this!" I said.

"Here's an idea. Marry the man!! You dated him before didn't you?" Heath advised.

"This is not about her right now." Nic piped up. "Our friend is on his death bed. Shut up for a minute."

Nic was right. We were here for Myles and Myles only.

We arrived at the hospital and rushed inside. Though we were sent straight to the waiting room where I paced restlessly.