Storms and Spatulas

Myles

"Destinee, it's okay, you're dreaming." Raine said holding her tight. She whimpered. Squirming restlessly. I could hardly watch.

She looked so scared. Suddenly she froze. We watched silently. Then she screamed again and flailed her arms, she kicked out barely missing my stomach. I restrained her arms.

Me and Raine both called her name but she wasn't listening.

I was about to get a bucket of ice water when she gasped an went still in Raines arms.

Raine gently laid her back down. "Maybe we should put her bed back." He said to me.

I nodded. As a joke we had carried her bed downstairs and right out the back door. We thought it was funny at the time. We thought we'd get her out of her stupor. But this didn't seem like the time for jokes and if she started screaming again, the neighbors would probably call the cops.

Whatever she had seen had really freaked her out. I had to know what it was.

I went to the foot and Raine stood behind the head of the bed. We lifted it just as Destinee stirred. We both froze waiting.

"Myles?" Destinee asked.

"Yes?"

"Why can I see the sun?" She didn't sound amused.

☁⚡☁⚡☁⚡☁⚡☁⚡☁⚡

"Are you out of your mind?!" Destinee sure was scary when she was angry.

I had just got around to confirming her dream. It was hard to tell her about my condition when she already had so many other problems.

She glared at me from across the counter as I struggled to keep my distance. I could practically see the the smoke coming from her ears.

She was like a walking storm. And the clouds above her head were dark.

"If you weren't possibly dying right now," she seethed, "I would strangle you with this spatula."

She held up the utensil threateningly. It looked dangerous.

"I didn't want you to worry." I told her again.

She rolled her eyes. "You know what? Fine. You don't want me to worry about your life. I get it. I won't."

She turned away to go back upstairs.

But she turned back to look at me one more time, "and if you touch my bed again, I swear I'll nail your hands to the bedpost."

Ouch. I wasn't Jesus, I would probably never live that down.

"You know," I told her. "I didn't tell anyone. I didn't want people to know. Only Raine knew. H-"

"What?! Raine knew?" she asked astonished.

I shrugged. "He's my brother."

She grumbled and stomped up the stairs.

"Destinee!" I called.

She turned back. "Please don't ignore me." I pleaded. "I do want you to worry about my life. I just don't want to burden you with it."

She smiled, "Of course ill worry about you. And don't worry, if you ever burden me with It I'll tell you to back the hell off." She winked at me then hurried up to her room leaving me bursting with laughter.