Hollywood and More Death

Raine

I nodded my head at the receptionist. The second time I had came to see Myles she had been very enthusiastic and had even asked me out. I turned her down the best way possible. She still said hello to me every time she saw me.

I hadn't known Destinee long, and I hadn't really asked her be my girlfriend, but I was hoping to.

I stopped at B231.
"Hey." I said standing at the door. I knew Myles was pissed with me. I hadn't seen or talked to him since I told him what happened to Destinee. He thought it was all my fault and I didn't blame him.

"Raine." He said coolly. His face wasn't as pale as it had been but there was a still a little sweat running down his cheeks. Our father was in deep hear with Raheem who he blamed for what happened. Whenever they visited, they would sit there tight lipped and angry.

Myles had never been very close with either of our parents, neither had I, but sometimes I pretended to. I was that child that kissed up to then.

Myles's room was empty besides Heath.

"Where's the rest of your herd?" I asked. Heath glared at me. He had never liked me much.

"Hey Hollywood." He said sneering. Oh great another one, I thought to myself. "Why are you here?" he asked.

"I live here and that's my brother laying in that bed." I said collapsing on a recliner.

He scoffed. "I'm more of a brother to him than you are. Sorry you got tired of playing a star football player in a stupid little high school when you can barely throw the ball. What was it called Star in love?"

I grunted. "Wow. Jealous much? And plus. It was called Star in Rags and It wasn't just football. I was insanely crushed on by every girl and my on and off screen girlfriend was the gorgeous Sasha Waters. Oh yeah and I starred in Counting Stars, a-"

"Sappy novela for pansies." He finished.

"It may have been for pansies but I was in a lot of steamy scenes with Kristeena Belle." I bragged.

He glared at me.

"Dude though, I'm really sorry." I apologize sincerely.

"For what?" He demanded narrowing his eyes at me.

My eye widened slightly. "Well, if I known you were such a fangirl, I would have brought you a signed poster." I moved.

He flicked me off and turned back to his magazine.

I ignored him and looked over at Myles confused as to why he was so quiet.

"He's been sleeping a lot." Heath said quietly. He's so weak all the time."

"Well I don't have time to wait." I stood up realizing I had wasted so much time arguing with an eighteen year old. "Tell him I think I know where Destinee is and that I'll be out of the country."

"Wait!" he said but I was already out the door.

I was afraid, Rico could be anywhere. I didn't want to waste time traveling and leave her in his hands any longer than necessary. Raheem wasn't sure if the location he gave me was where he was but right now it was all I had.

I sped home to grab a small bag for my trip and some money. My mother was horn.

"I just came from the hospital." I told her. She knew that Myles and I didn't really get along so she continuously pestered me to visit him.

"I'm on my way there now." She replied grabbing her wallet and bag. "How is he?"

"Sleeping." I answered trying to get upstairs.

She gave me a look. "Raine, I for see why you can't try to care for your brother. He is in the hospital after all."

I rolled my eyes. "I know where he is mom. I just have a lot on my mind."

"Keep Myles in your kind." she reminded me.

I gave her a quick kiss. "Copy that." I said then I ran upstairs before she could keep pestering me.

It didn't take long for me to pack.
I threw in a clean shirt and shorts then grabbed a bundle of money from my closet. I packed a few snacks then ran back downstairs.

I didn't feel the need to leave a note so I just hurried outside while booking myself a flight to the Caribbean.

I filled my car with gas and made the ride to the airport. I couldn't take any weapons because of security. I hoped to get one in Puerto Rico. How Rico had gotten past security. I wasn't sure.

He was smart, but I would be smarter.

🐸🌊🐸🌊🐸🌊🐸🌊🐸🌊🐸🌊

Every second that I spent on the plane was agonizing.

So many scenarios ran through my head of what could possibly be happening to Destinee and all the possible way I could be killed by Rico.

Finally, after what seemed like days we landed.

I had about about a dozen missed calls from Myles. I had even more missed messages. The first ones were about me knowing where Destinee was and not waking him and taking him. He cussed me out in the first few. It was the last three that made me stop. They also confirmed where Destinee was. I wasn't sure if I should break down and cry at the news or rejoice that I was so close to Destinee.

Raheem had been killed. My uncle Raheem who I had seen no more than twenty four hours ago was gone. Somebody murdered him in his home. Somebody that Rico had sent because Rico had realized that he knew about the house and didn't want to be discovered. But he was too late.

I was also too late. My uncle was gone and I had only just gotten back from my years of solitude in L.A.

I could only stand there frozen for a few minutes. I didn't want my uncles death to be in vain. Despite his "career" he had been an okay guy.

I hurried out of the airport after renting a car.

Rico was slowly ruining my family. Yesterday I felt guilty, a few hours ago, I was anxious, then I was mad. Now, I was pissed.

Watch out Rico.