Stupid Brother and Bowling

Myles

I hated Raine.

I hated my brother.

I hated my stupid, good looking brother.

Why did he get the better looks and charming charisma?

I sighed heavily as I trudged upstairs. The guys didn't dare help me, thy knew I hated it.

Last year when I broke my leg, Joshh tried to help me up the steps and I kicked him with my broken leg.

I collapsed on my bed five minutes later when I had finally made it up there. My abdomen was in agony. But I wouldn't let anyone know that.

Especially not Destinee. So I wouldn't tell her that I was internally bleeding and could possibly die. I wouldn't tell her that I had practically escaped from the hospital.

I wouldn't tell her I thought I was in love with her. Even though we'd only just met. In love with her smile, her smell, her hair, her body. Even the mere thought of her.

It was funny how as close as I was to death, I was just thinking about a beautiful girl I had just met two days ago. It was hard to believe it was actually only a couple of days ago. After what we went through.

I thought about last night, how she had kneeled over me telling me over and over that it would be okay. That she wouldn't let me die. Defending me even at gunpoint. She was the bravest girl I knew.

I wondered if she would miss me if I did die. Would she be mad I hadn't told her? I hoped she wouldn't, I hadn't even told the guys, only Raine knew. And from the look of things, he hadn't told her. Yet.

He'd probably tell her eventually. Just because he hated me. That's one thing about us that nobody knew. We hated each other.

He was always the perfect brother. Moving away to California to star on his own tv show. Coming back because he had too much money and apparently missed life in New Jersey. To me, it was just for publicity.

He was probably dragging Destinee into it too. I could see the magazines now.

SUPERSTAR RAINE PABON COMES HOME AND FINALLY FINDS LOVE.

I grimaced. I really hated him.

🎳🍗🎳🍟🎳🍝🎳🍤🎳🍕🎳🍔🎳🍖🎳

Raine took me bowling and promised me dinner afterwards.

"Bowling is probably my favorite pastime." He told me.

"I prefer the wii." I said.

"You lazy bum."

"You got that right." I retorted causing him to laugh.

"You know how in the commercials they have the actors jumping around like monkeys?" He asked me as we got our shoes.

"Yeah," I said. "It's so stupid in reality, you could win the game single handed, lounging on he couch."

"Exactly." He agreed.

We set up our game. I was first.

I got a spare.

Raine also get a spare.

Then I got a strike and Raine pouted because he got another spare. Twenty minutes later I had a double turkey. Raine was not happy.

I won the game of course. Raine gaped at me in admiration.

"I thought you said bowling was your favorite pastime." I reminded him.

He sulked. "I didn't say I was good at it."
I rubbed his back soothingly. "Don't worry honey," I teased. "I'm sure you're good at something."

He glared at me and pushed my arm away. "I'm good at leaving evil girls stranded in bowling alleys." He playfully threatened.

I laughed. "Let's go eat. I'm starving."

He nodded and took me hand intertwining our fingers. I looked down at our hands. Rico never held my hand like that. It felt nice, like I belonged to someone out of choice, not just trailing behind them.

I smiled up at Raine when he caught me staring at our hands. "My ex never did a lot of the things you're doing for me in the three years we were together, and I've only known you for a day." I admitted.

He beamed at me. "Well..." He said puffing out his chest. "I am the full package." He bragged.

"A cocky full package." I added.

He laughed. "You're not wrong."

In the car, Raine played the radio loud. They were playing Secondhand Serenade's 'Fall For You' and Raine started singing it to me loudly and out of tune. It was my favorite love song and though I knew he was only joking around it still made me blush anyways.

When the song finished the air was full of heavy tension but it lasted only a couple of minutes because the next song was 'Just Dance' by Lady Gaga.

We filled the small car with the sound of our mingled voices. Raine actually sang well this time and I realized he had a great voice.

He parked the car behind Starz Buffet.

"Why are you wearing sunglasses?" I asked him. "And what's up with the hat?" I hadn't seen him put them on.

He just shrugged and held the door open for me.

"Oh so you think your cool." I said as I approached him. He stuck his arm out blocking my path.

"I am the definition of cool." He corrected me.

I scoffed and pushed past him. "Oh please, I make you cool."

Once the waiter found us a seat, my stomach started growling. I made my way to the buffet tables and stacked my plate with pizza, general tso's chicken, noodles, ribs, rice and fish. When I got back to the table, Raine looked at me as if I had just grown five extra arms.

"Are you gonna eat all that?" He asked me.

"Yup. And if you don't finish yours, pass it on over." I snatched a couple French fries from his plate. He frowned and pulled it closer to himself.

"Do you have a job?" I asked him.

He shrugged. "Not yet, besides...well you know. Why?"

"Because if I ever bring you home, my parents, their curious people." I explained thinking of my stuck up parents.

He smirked. "You're thinking of bringing me home?"

I pretending to think about it, stroking my invisible beard. "Maybe...if you order me a to-go plate of fried chicken." He looked at me confused.

"Just fried chicken?" He clarified.

"Just fried chicken."