Closets and Bathrooms

Destinee

I let Myles drive us home since I was too shaken up; I was afraid, and I was angry at myself, Rico could be violent and he had already seen Myles. I should have never dragged Myles along with me; I should have just stayed home. Knowing Rico, he would probably think something was up and try to resolve it himself; and he never had any good ideas.

Though we'd broken up quite a while ago, he had always been the extremely jealous type.

"You're being quiet." Myles observed, breaking me away from my thoughts.

"Just thinking..." I said deciding not to tell him about Rico's violent tendencies. I changed the subject. "So are you like..." I couldn't think of the right words. "You dance to Spanish music as if its...in you." I finished lamely.

I didn't know how else to ask him how a white boy like him knew how to dance.

"My mother is Puerto Rican." He told me. Wow. I didn't see that one coming.

"That's cool." I commented.

"So your ex, what's with him?" He asked, he glanced at me but turned back to the road.

I sighed. "I don't want to talk about it, but don't get the wrong idea. We're good friends." Rico could be everything that he was, but he was still the first guy to ever care for me.

He snorted. "Yeah. I saw that."

I laughed. "Whatever."

"Why have I never seen you?" I asked just realizing he didn't go to my school.

"I'm enrolled at a private school." He informed me.

I smirked. "So what? Are you like smart or something?"

He shrugged. "You can say that."

"Then you should know to stay away from me." I said seriously.

He turned to me smirking but when he saw my expression, his face fell. "Wait. You're serious?" He asked incredulously.

I sighed and looked out the window, not speaking for the rest of the ride.
We got home ten minutes before eleven.

"What time do your parents usually get home?" He asked me.

I shrugged. "My parents are rarely ever home." We walked into the house. "I've just stopped worrying about it." There was a time when I would call them every few hours to make sure I still had parents, but I stopped that years ago when I realized that they didn't even remember they had a child anymore.

"You must be lonely." He commented.

Myles was really observant. I wasn't sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing. But he was right. I did get lonely. That was how I started hanging out with Rico.

He used to hang around my school and began talking to me one morning.

I eventually let him start driving me to and from school. We started hanging out more and then he asked me out. I had been hesitant because he was so much older.

But I felt safe with him, he took care of me and made sure nobody bothered me. Even my parents.

I met Coco through him and we started going to clubs and late parties. That wasn't why my parents hated him though.

I never understood why they'd gotten angry. They never payed any attention to me and Rico did. 

I looked at Myles.
"Yeah. Coco-the girl you danced with- she comes over and sometimes Andy, but I'm mostly alone." I admitted.

Rico used to come over a lot. He would even stay the night sometimes, though my parents never knew.

"Don't you have any other friends?" He teased. "A beautiful girl like you must be popular." A slight blush colored his cheeks and I had to resist the urge to pinch his cheeks.

I collapsed onto the couch instead with a huff. "I don't like people." I stated bluntly, ignoring his compliment.

Myles laughed and I found that I really liked his laugh. It was loud and really obnoxious but it was cute.

"I'm gonna go take a shower." I informed him. He looked shocked.

"You're leaving me alone in this big house?!" He exclaimed incredulously.

I rolled my eyes. I didn't see what the problem was. It wasn't like I was asking him to go anywhere or do anything. "Just find something to do. I'll only be a few minutes." I said.

He sighed loudly and ended with a pout on his face. "Fine."

"I was gonna go anyways, I don't need your permission." I remarked as I went upstairs.

It felt felt refreshing to take a nice shower after all that dancing. My shower filled up with my favorite fragrance, Cherry vanilla.

When I came back out of the shower, I realized that I had left my people pajamas in my bedroom.

I had personal pajamas which was usually a camisole and shorts, but now that I had company I needed my people pajamas that covered more parts of my body.

I had also done some thinking in the bathroom and realized that I needed to keep Myles away. It wasn't safe for him to be around me with Rico on the loose. I would have to push him away as much as I wanted to get to know him.

I walked out of my bathroom that lead straight into my walk in closet. I wrapped my towel around myself so I could go get my pajamas from my drawer. When I stepped into my room, I gasped.

"What are you doing in here?!" I screeched, tightening my grip on my towel.

Myles was lounging comfortably on my bed, looking through my photo albums.
I didn't know how even found my room.

When he saw me, his entire face turned red.

I felt myself flush as well. I swallowed.

"Never mind. I'll be back." I muttered quickly and darted back into my closet.

-

Myles

I couldn't believe I had been so stupid. Of course she would need to be in her room. I mentally slapped myself.

I had planned on looking for a cool basement or something since she her house was so huge and lavish, but I got curious. Her bedroom door was open and I hadn't hesitated to come in.

Then I saw the photo album and couldn't help myself.

It was filled with pictures of her growing up. She looked just like her mother. My favorite part about her was her smile. She had a dazzling smile that dared to knock me off of my feet, as far as exaggeration went.

Then she came out of her closet. She should have told me that the bathroom was in her closet. I would have never went in her room.

She even looked good with her hair dripping wet. I sighed. What was I doing to myself?

I jumped off the bed just as she emerged again.

I burst out laughing. All awkwardness gone.

"You've got to be kidding me." I said, chuckling. She was wearing a black and gold one piece pajama. She looked adorable and spoiled rich at the same time; I couldn't help the large smile that appeared on my face.

It was black with golden swirls and stars.

Though she was blushing, she was still able to glare at me. She was always glaring at me, it seemed. I wondered if she glared at everyone or if I was just a special case.

"Don't worry, you look cute." I promised as I stood from her bed.

She crossed her arms over her chest but I didn't miss the blush that spread across her cheeks.

"Yeah whatever, now stop being nosy and get downstairs. I'm starving." She left the room without even making sure that I was following her.

A/N: Myles and Destinee meeting Coco at the club