Markhyuck

[a/n: sorry if this chapter isn't the best. i'm aware. i just feel bad for not updating. please forgive me :( ]

Mark barges into Haechan's room, not caring whether it was an invasion of the younger's space. sobs. sobs were the only sound that filled the room. nothing felt comfortable, every corner of the room was invaded by tension. it was so clear that the two boys had so much they wanted to say but they couldn't say anything. Haechan ignored Mark's very obvious presence, too lost in sadness to care.

Mark just went to Haechan and wrapped his arm around his shoulder moving it down to the younger's back to circle his hand around it. what he got in return was a jerk, signalling him to move his hand away.

"Nuisance. I'm a nuisance, right? I'm fighting a losing battle arent I? I'm sorry for not being enough, Mark." it took all of the younger's willpower to not call him 'Markie', a nickname the two were so fond of. a nickname that was only used for the happiest of moments.

what took Haechan by surprise were sniffles coming from his side. he's crying out of pity, right? Haechan looks up to meet the older's face, eyes filled with something that definitely wasn't pity. it was something that he knew all too well. sadness, hurting, pain. those puppy eyes in front of him would have appeared so much more cuter if it was in a different and much simpler context. now, Haechan just felt his heart sink and ache.

without second thought, the younger wrapped his arms around the older, sobbing on his shoulder. no words were exchanged for a while. silence seemed to fit at that moment. sometimes silence was better than exchanging words that were not the exact explanation of your feelings.

after the long period of silence with only sniffs, breathing and heartbeats heard they decided maybe it was time to finally speak.

"You're such an idiot." Mark chuckles sadly, rubbing his eyes that keep getting irritated by the excessive crying.

"Like i d-didn't already know..."

Mark slides a hand on the younger's waist while he brings the other up to his chin, lifting it to meet his own eyes.

"Pretty..." he says out loud. at that moment, he didn't really care if it came out embarrassing or not. he did, however, care about the light shade of pink that painted the younger's cheeks. even if he had beautiful tan skin, the blush was still so prominent.

"Are you playing with my feelings or something." Haechan chokes out. it hurt him thinking that the word that slipped out of his mouth would have been something part of some game.

"Nope. I would never do such a thing like that...espically to someone as fragile and soft as you." Mark sends a small smile to the other.

"Then, tell me. Why are you suddenly acting like this? Like you care about my feelings."

"I always cared about your feelings, Haechan. I guess I was so fucking blind as to not notice that I hurt you so much. I thought all those weird butterflies I felt in my stomach was some dumb stomachache. I'm angry at myself, Channie..." the older exhaled, feeling like he might just cry all over again but he regained his posture and continued.

"I'm angry at myself...for being dumb like that. Thinking all those weird reactions I got when around you were just some allergic reaction. But, in fact, it was something else. It took me so long to find out what that something was. I'm scared you won't forgive me. I don't blame you if you can't, but at least hear me say these few words."

"I'm...I'm in love with you, Lee Donghyuck." the older closed his eyes, waiting for rejection. he deserved it. being so dumb, hurting someone as precious as Haechan. Haechan deserved someone better.

while many thoughts kept running through his head, the younger on the other hand, his heart had a problem. it kept beating. he felt as if his heart would jump out anytime. those words were the last thing he thought he would hear. it struck him: how much he loved the boy in front of him. he could never deny his feelings for him even if he tried. he was like a plant growing in him, just that the plant never seemed to wither away.

"God, I love you." Haechan giggled. even after all the crying and breakdowns, he still managed to giggle. maybe it was because of how happy he was to hear those 7 words. he felt the same spark when he met Mark for the first time, right there and then. he felt in love again, if that was possible of course.

they looked into each other's eyes for what seemed like eternity, eyes glistening in love. they leaned in, the proximity between them decreasing. their lips met and damn was that something they really needed. Haechan's hands moved up to Mark's neck while Mark's hands fell to Haechan's waist. the younger moved onto Mark's lap, wanting to get as much as body warmth as possible. they decided to pull to take a breather, placing their foreheads together, smiling contently.

"Please...don't ever leave me." Haechan says.

"Never in a million years, baby."

"Huh. I kinda like that. It has a cute ring to it." the younger wears a goofy grin while the older's face is plastered with the biggest smile.

never have they felt so happy in their lives.