Chapter 10

"I just don't think it's a very good idea," Kyree grumbled, wincing as he crossed his arms over his chest. It was only three days after Kyree had been shot and his wound still ached. The bullet had been laced with devil's snare to slow down Kyree's healing, it must have or he wouldn't still be in so much pain.

"Kyree, we have to act normal or people will get suspicious. This is what we would do if Ambrose wasn't here so we have to," Orion frowned as Ambrose exited Kyree's ensuite with just a towel around his waist, his dark locks dripping and his bare chest glistening in the lights. He still did not like the two together, not with Ambrose engaged, but he knew he had no right to get between them.

"Amb, please tell me you're not OK with this stupid idea," Ambrose chuckled, pushing his hair out of his face as he perched on the bed next to Kyree and opposite Orion, careful to keep the towel tight around his bare form.

"I have my knight, Anubis and Osiris. I feel perfectly safe, go ahead with it, have no objections," Kyree glared at him, batting Ambrose's hand away when he tried to clasp it around Kyree's.

"Agree with me or I'm not sucking your cock for a week," Kyree threatened, simply causing Ambrose to laugh as he rose back to his feet.

"Don't pout, Ky, it's immature," Ambrose slipped into a pair of black sweatpants, ensuring Orion didn't see anything he didn't need to.

"God, you're all idiots, y'know that?" Kyree said, exasperation laced into his tone, "I got shot three days ago, what's to stop the fucking assassin trying again so soon after? He found Ambrose up in the human world, he can easily find him down here. I don't need a masked ball for my birthday, OK? I don't even want one. It would just be an easy way to get Ambrose killed."

"Kyree, we throw a ball every year for your birthday, just because you didn't even attend the last 4 does not mean we aren't throwing you one this year. We have to act normal, like I have already told you multiple times," Kyree merely rolled his eyes at his father's flawed logic.

"Whatever," he muttered as his father exited the room, after informing him he had to be ready in an hour, or else.

"Ky, I'm gonna be fine," Ambrose reassured as Kyree stood slowly, holding his torso with a grimace on his face.

"You better be, you're not leaving my side all night, OK? I don't care if you feel safe with Osiris and Anubis too, just stay with me," Ambrose smiled at Kyree's overprotective nature, "I mean it, Amb."

"I know, baby, I will," satisfied, Kyree grasped Ambrose's waist and pulled him flush against his chest despite the pain, their lips crashing together. Ambrose groaned softly, one hand draped around the back of Kyree's neck, the other caressing his cheek. Kyree loved the feeling of Ambrose's lips on his, craved it almost every moment of the day.

He knew at the stupid event his parents were throwing for him he would not be able to show his affection toward Ambrose, not even with him wearing a mask. It would be too risky, too many questions would be asked. Although it would instir that awful empty feeling in the both of them, it would be easier to just act as acquaintances.

"Mmm, you should really be getting dressed, baby, not distracting me," Ambrose half scolded, his lips so close they still brushed against Kyree's, sending shivers down his spine.

"Or we could get undressed and try again in half an hour?" Kyree smirked, trailing his fingertip across the sweatpant waistband hugging Ambrose's hips loosely. Ambrose chuckled, cutting off all physical contact as he stepped back out of Kyree's reach.

"Maybe tonight, baby, if you behave," Ambrose teased, turning away and opening the closet. He had moved most of his clothes into Kyree's room since they slept together, it made everything a whole lot easier. Kyree observed as Ambrose tugged off the sweatpants. Kyree's lip caught between his teeth, he knew his eyes had darkened as he watched his God-like demon undress.

"Now what did I do to deserve such a hot piece of ass?" his voice was low, husky with lust, his eyes fixed on Ambrose's bare form. He truly was built like a God, his muscles well defined, his skin tanned and smooth, and his ass... God, Kyree could spend a thousand years merely staring at Ambrose's ass.

"I will make you take a cold shower, Kyree Landon, I do not have time to suck your cock right now, neither of us do," Ambrose threatened, a cheeky smile on his lips as he dressed into his all-black suit, pairing it with a red tie as he had the night he had first entered the Landon mansion.

"You're the one stripping in front of me," Kyree retorted, smiling as he dressed in black slacks and a steel grey shirt paired with a maroon blazer. Due to Kyree's injury, Ambrose had to help put his black tie on, giving him the chance run his hands over Ambrose's hips, a smirk on his lips.

"You're so fucking beautiful," Kyree muttered as his eyes flickered over Ambrose's face, inciting a flush of colour in his cheeks.

"Shut it," he murmured, pushing back a lock of Kyree's hair that had fallen out of place.

"You are, Amb," Ambrose simpered as he put Kyree's mask on him. It was a deep burgundy, with black lace and silver inlaid across it. Ambrose put on his own mask, a black one with golden inlay, that almost perfectly matched Kyree's.

Judging by the increasing noise drifting from downstairs, Kyree assumed many guests were already there. Ambrose and Kyree strolled downstairs, nodding curtly toward Idella when they passed him. A sudden burst of panic swelled within Kyree as it finally hit him that he would be at one of his parent's events for the first time in half a decade.

"Hey," Ambrose said softly, "it's gonna be fine, baby," Kyree didn't have chance to respond before the doors to the ballroom swung open and all eyes landed on the two men. Naturally, Kyree froze up as the room fell silent, everyone shocked to see Kyree make an appearance, despite it being an event thrown for him.

Just as Kyree regained control of his body and made the move to walk back upstairs, Ambrose pulled his head toward him, kissing him. A wave of gasps was the only noise the guests made, completely unaware that it was the prince of hell locking lips with Kyree.

The fear was drowned by the overwhelming sense of unity Kyree felt, his body alight with happiness in that one moment. Wanting to keep the kiss short and allow the night to continue on, Ambrose pulled away, slipping his hand into Kyree's.

"Kyree," Orion's voice echoed through the room as he engulfed him in a gentle hug, "name, quickly," he said in a tone so quiet only Kyree could hear.

"Antuon Walker," Kyree whispered into his father's ear as he returned the hug graciously, a little irritated he had to cut contact from Ambrose. Orion released Kyree from the hug, standing next to him with his hand on his son's back.

"Many of you weren't expecting Kyree to make an appearance tonight, judging by the shocked expressions," Orion began, the smile of a proud father on his lips, in fact, over his entire face. There was not a hint of anger for his son's display of affection with Ambrose, maybe his father was truly warming up to the idea of them being together.

"I will not lie to you all, Kyree has struggled with the tragic event that struck us almost 5 years ago," Kyree gripped Ambrose's hand once again, yearning for the sense of relief he felt with they made physical contact, "however, with the help of his family and friends, he has regained the happiness he once had with another, Antuon Walker," Orion turned his attention to Kyree and Ambrose, surprising Kyree with his watery eyes, "I'm so proud of you, Kyree, and so happy to welcome Antuon into the family. Happy birthday, my boy."