"Alright then. Where is she right now?"

I scoffed.
"Why do you want to know?"
"It's not your place to be asking that type of question" he repeated in the same tone as I had, a small grin forming on his lips.
I pulled in the insides of my cheek, staring to the side in aggravation.
How childish.

"She's a pretty good catch huh?"
I shot a glare at him, slowly cocking my head to the side in a feeling of anger.

"Wouldn't you agree?" He looked at me innocently and didn't need to observe me anymore, because it was obvious I was boiling hotter by every second with him, and he was clearly taking advantage of it.
I didn't answer, clenching my fists within my trouser pockets.

"Oh cmon, I know you were daydreaming about her in the meeting"
"I was not." I snapped, nostrils flaring.
He chuckled. "I think it's a quite obvious you're starting to develop feelings for her. I remember hearing you ask Mrs Y/l/n for Y/n's number in the morning. And, when you said your goodbyes, you asked if Y/n was okay and where she was" he stepped closer to me, facts against...well I had nothing to be honest.

I tried my best to hide my embarrassment but I just felt my face burn hotter and hotter. "So what? Can I not ask for my fiancées number?" I made sure to emphasise who she was to me so that he wouldn't pull another sneaky trick on her.
"No no, of course there's nothing wrong with that," he waved his hands around, chuckling, "but, are you sure she likes you back?" He purposefully taunted.
I stayed quiet.
"I mean, she does take more a liking to...hm let me think," he tutted as if he came to a moment of realisation, "me! If I were you, I'd ask her on a date right about now, like a normal person?"
"Don't tell me what to do" was all I could think to say in my angered spur of a moment.
"Oh, please I'm helping you. Because let's face it, you are a good looking fella and all, but I have the personality" he patted my tense chest in encouragement as if he just gave out words of wisdom.
I took a breath in, "JiHyun, if you don't zip that godforsaken mouth of yours-"

"Jimin."

JiHyun and I glanced to the side to see our father, poker-faced and standing calmly with his hands in his pockets.
We backed away from each other.
"Jimin, come with me"
Why me?
JiHyun looked between me and our father, worried. After scoffing at JiHyun I obeyed and walked with my father.

~

From when I left JiHyun to now in the elevator, he hadn't said a word, causing me to clear my throat involuntarily every few seconds and I'm sure in this silence, he could hear my pounding heartbeat.
"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked in a cracking voice as the elevator started to float down.

"Is something distracting you today? You're not your usual focused self" he simply asked, not looking at me.

I quickly came up with a false excuse.
"I just haven't gotten much sleep lately."
"You do know how important this project is, right?"
"O-of course."
"This costs the company everything" he stated further.
"Yeah.."

We exited the elevator and sauntered to the location of my car in the less packed parking lot.
Silently, I followed behind him, wondering if he was going to say anything else.
He stopped, and stood in front of my car.

"Get some rest. You need it"
"Yeah. Thanks dad"

He smiled momentarily with pursed lips, resting his hand comfortingly on my shoulder before heading his way to his car.