Chapter 13 End

A/N: So here is the last chapter! Thank you everyone for the reads, votes and comments I hope you are as happy with this ending as I am! <3 

"Killian what is going on??" Sam asked again as Killian pulled into the driveway.
"Stay in the car." He said and unbuckled his seatbelt
"Killian! What the fuck is going on?!" Sam demanded now. Killian didn't answer her he got out of the car and started talking to Liam who had just showed up as well. Sam was not about to stay in the car. She unbuckled her seatbelt and got out of the car. Penelope came running out of the house crying.
"Will has a gun!" She cried.
"What??" Sammi asked and started making her way towards the house.
"Hey, No!" Killian said and held her back.
"Killian let go!" Sam shouted.
"No you stay here, I'm going in." Killian said.
"No! He's my brother Killian!" Sam shouted and pulled away from Killian.
"And hes my best friend, and I love you and I'm not letting you go in there when there's a loaded gun! Stay with Penelope and Liam." Killian shouted at her and walked inside.

Will was in a screaming match with his father.
"You are a sick fuck!" Will screamed. "Shes your daughter how could you do that to her?!"
"I don't know what you are bloody talking about!" his father screamed back.
"Of course you don't! You were drunk!" Will shouted.
"You gonna shoot me Will?" his dad taunted him. "Do it then!"
"Will.. come on mate don't. Theres other ways to settle this." Killian pleaded with Will. Will looked back at Killian.
"Other ways? The only way he's never going to hurt Sam, or me, or Penelope ever again is if I take care of this now."
"Will if you shoot him, you will go to prison for Murder. You can't do that to Sam, she needs you." Killian said.
Wills father took the distraction to his advantage and started trying to wrestle the gun away from him.
"Hey! Hey!" Killian shouted. And then it happened. The gun went off.

Sam was sitting outside with Penelope and Liam. Penelope was scared because of all the shouting going on inside so Sam had her sit in Liam's car, and she gave her, her ipod to listen to, to block out the sounds of the yelling.
Both Sam and Liam jumped nearly out of their skin when the gunshot rang out. Liam looked into Sam's panic stricken eyes and didn't even have time to think before Sam darted towards the house.
"Sammi! No!" Liam shouted but it was no use, Sam was already up the porch steps and in the house before he could catch her.
"Fuck.." He sighed and pulled out his cellphone to call 911 while he turned and looked at Penelope in his car and tried to give her a convincing smile trying not to panic. Everyone he cared for was inside that house at the moment and he had no idea who was shot, or who would be shot next.

Sam ran into the house and looked at Will on the floor against the wall holding his shoulder. Blood seeped out between his fingers. She rushed to him and knelt down and untied the bandana she wore around her wrist and moved Wills hand away.
"Sorry." She winced as she tied the bandana tightly around his shoulder. Will howled in pain.
"Just hold it there. I think Liam is calling for help." Sam said and turned watching Killian and her father fight over the gun. The gun was knocked out of her fathers hands but Killian and her dad kept fighting. Sam looked down at the gun and crawled towards it.
"Sammi. No." Will said. Sam picked up the gun and stood up holding it out, trying to keep it steady in her shaking hands.
The fighting between Killian and her father came to a halt as both of them heard the gun being cocked. Killian stood up and put his hands up.
"Sam.. put the gun down." He said softly moving away from Sam's dad. Sam kept the gun pointed at her father.
"Come on Sammi.. You don't want to hurt me.." Her dad said stepping forward.
"Stop! Don't fucking move!" Sam shouted at him.
There were sirens and flashing lights coming from outside. Killian stepped forward and put his hands over Sam's
"Come on love." He said and slowly lowered her hands taking the gun from her and putting it down on the floor as the police came in. Killian pulled Sam close.
"It's over now." He said.

Sam sat on the porch with Killian's leather jacket draped over her shoulders watching her father be hauled into a police car, and her brother being loaded into an ambulance. Killian sat down next to her.
"Wanna ride with me to the hospital?" He asked.
"Yeah.." Sam replied as she watched CPS pull up.
"Fuck.." She said and stood up and stepped on the porch as one of the CPS workers started talking to Penelope.
"What are you doing?" She asked.
"We're taking the child into custody."
"Like hell you are she stays with me!" Sam said and pulled Penelope away from the woman. "You'll need to come with us too. We can see about placing you two together if that makes you feel better."
"Placing.. Us.. No fuck off we aren't going with you!"
"Sweetheart you don't have a choice. Your brother is injured, your father is going away for a long time. No one is here to care for you unless you have a legal guardian to step up."
"That would be me." Liam said coming up behind them. Sam turned and looked at him confused.
"I tracked your mum down and contacted her and signed the guardianship papers yesterday. I didn't tell you because I knew you'd be too stubborn to let me help you." Liam smiled.
"Penelope too?" Sam asked. Liam nodded.
"Penelope too." He replied.
Sam's eyes welled over with tears and she threw her arms around Liam soaking through his shirt with tears.
"Thank you." She said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epilogue

2 years later

Sam sat on her bed putting her things into a box. She had just graduated High school, and was about to start SBU in the fall so she was moving into Killian's apartment with him because it was closer to the school, but she felt unsure about leaving Penelope with Liam and Will. She felt guilty.
Will must have sensed something was up with her because he came into the room to help her pack.
"Are you sure about this? I could stay. Or.. I could take P with me." Sam said.
"I don't think Killian would be too happy with a 7 year old running around his apartment." Will chuckled. "Beside he has to work, and you will be starting school."
"I mean.. I could..not go." Sam suggested.
"That is out of the question and you know it, You are going to school." Will said.
"Really Will, I could just get a part time Job an-"
"You are going to school!" Will said. Sam sighed.
"I just feel bad.. You already pretty much raised me, and now you have Penelope..it's not fair to you."
"I know its not Sammi but it is how it is. You have always come first and that's not stopping now, you're going to go to school and be something, that's not saying I won't need your help sometimes when Liam and I are both busy but in general, I've got this all under control here so keep packing."
"Wow, sounds like you are ready to get rid of me." Sam giggled.
"Well you are a bit of a pain in the ass." He said and gave her a smirk and ruffled her hair.
"Will!" She whined and put her hair back in place. "Why do you always do that."
"Because it bugs you." He laughed. Killian walked into the room.
"Bloody hell woman another box? How much stuff do you have?" He asked
"This should be the last one." Sam smiled at him and put the last few things in the box. "I'm going to take this to the car." She said and stood up with the box in her arms taking it with her outside.
Will looked around the empty room and sighed.
"You know it's literally just on the other side of town right?" Killian asked. "You've already been there loads of times."
"I know. It's just..this is the first time Sam and I will live in separate places. Its weird."
"Yeah she's a bit frazzled about it herself." Killian said. "But she'll be okay. She's a tough lass. Will you be okay?" He asked.
"Yeah. I'll be fine with a brief adjustment period. Penelope is the one I'm worried about shes stuck to Sam like glue most of the time."
"Aye. I have another bedroom in the apartment setup so Penny can stay anytime she wants." Killian said
"She'll love that." Will smiled and stood up. "Well, she survived 18 years in my hands, now its your turn mate." He added.
Killian smiled.
"Take care of her will ya?" Will asked.
"You know I will." Killian replied.