What Happened?

Natsu ran until he reached a large crater near the water where the previous Fairy Tail Guild Hall stood. He stepped out to the edge of the crater and looked down into it. The memories from the previous guild hall flooded his mind. At first, he was mad, then sad. Tears dropped down onto the soil of the crater, from Natsu's face.

[Flashback]

"Stand back!" Erza Scarlet requipped into her adamantine armour, setting up her shield at the front entrance to the guild hall.

"Let us deal with it, Erza!" The celestial, ice, and fire mages exclaimed, attempting to rush past the group of guild members that stood between the three mages and Erza.

"No! You don't have the strength for it." Retorted the heavily armored wizard.

"We have more strength than you, Erza! Let us fight!" Natsu yelled shoving past the crowd.

Lucy urgently pulled out one of her keys. "Open, gate of The Maiden. Virgo!" The celestial spirit popped up through the ground and stood by Lucy.

"You called for me, Princess?" The maiden asked.

"Yeah, listen. I need you to distract those men so we can get through." Lucy demanded the spirit.

"Of course, Princess." Virgo attempted to stand as seductively as she could, tempting the men of the guild to surround her, leaving room for the three of them to run out and help Erza. Before they could exit the guild, however, a certain takeover mage stood in their path taking on Satan Soul in its full glory.

"You're not leaving this guild." The demonic voice was enough to scare even the Master, who was assisting Erza outside. Then, Elfman jumped in front of the three mages, facing his older sister in Beast Soul: Full Body Takeover.

"Real men help their comrades!" The younger takeover mage said, rushing towards Mirajane.

The three managed to break out of a window, seeing Erza struggle to keep her shield up against...nothing? The master was laying on the ground behind Erza, unmoving. Natsu traced the source of whatever Erza was trying to block to a giant energy blaster completely opposite the guild.

"Hey Happy, let's go check that thing out," Natsu said.

"Aye, sir!" Happy picked up Natsu off the ground and flew him towards the source.

Gray, on the other hand, stood ready to form an ice shield when Erza couldn't hold it off anymore. When Erza did finally fall, Gray was quick to make the ice shield.

"What am I supposed to do?" Lucy frantically thought to herself. Then, she got an idea. "Gray, I'm gonna stop this with one of my spirits!" She took out her key for Aquarius. At that moment, Natsu was thrown into the ice shield, clutching an unconscious Happy in his arms to protect the blue cat. Seeing this made Lucy angry, so she quickly summoned the water spirit.

"Open, gate of The Water Bearer. Aquarius!" The mermaid appeared in the water next to the guild and caused a giant wave to flood the guild and its surrounding area before leaving. This water melted the ice shield, causing the beam of energy to go into the guild. Lucy watched in horror as the guild entrance was decimated. The beam, however, did not go through the guild, but instead, stopped right in the center before exploding in a massive wave of energy that swept the city.

Everyone inside the guild, plus Natsu, Happy, Gray, Erza and the master had been seriously injured. Lucy, however, afraid to face her guild members sought out just one who managed to not get as seriously injured as the rest.

"What am I going to do, Mira?" Lucy sat on the barmaid's hospital bed.

"Give it Time, Lucy. I'm sure everyone will forgive you. It wasn't your fault. You didn't know how to deal with the beam." Mira closed her eyes and slept.

After all that, Lucy remained secluded in her apartment for months before finally returning to the temporary guild. When she entered, everyone seemed glad to see her. All except one. Natsu was the only one who saw Lucy summon Aquarius.

The dragon slayer approached her and grabbed her shirt collar, lifting her up to his height. "I saw what you did. Now, I don't know if you did it on purpose or not, but with all that stuff you said about the guild being nothing but a bunch of losers, maybe you did do it on purpose. Drunk or not."

"I didn't know that was gonna happen , I was ju-" Natsu cut her off because Happy began approaching them.

"Save it, Lucy. I'm not wasting my time with you anymore." The dragon slayer met up with Happy and began drinking. Lucy just left the temporary guild in a rush, tears streaming down her face as she ran back to her apartment.

[Back to the present]

Natsu stood up from the crater. He took one last look at it as a goodbye, before turning around to be greeted by the shorter, blond, celestial wizard.