The Return

Lucy walked into the guild hall - her hopes high for a greeting from a pink-haired mage and blue cat - instead being greeted by an almost-naked ice wizard.

"Hey Lucy, is Natsu back yet, I've got a bone to pick with him," The black-haired man said, grabbing Lucy's shoulders and looking past her to see if anyone was hiding behind her.

"I don't know," The celestial wizard said as the ice mage moved closer to her, "Get away from me, perv!" She shouted, shoving the pale man away from her.

Lucy looked ravingly around the guild for pink,spiky hair or even a blue cat, but to her avail, no sign of them. Suddenly, two hands covered Lucy's face from behind, hindering her vision. She started thrashing around, accidentally smacking the person's crotch area.

"Ow! Jeez, Lucy. I was trying to surprise you," The dragon slayer exclaimed, gripping his pants at where the inseams met - essentially his penis - in pain.

"Natsu!" The blonde buried her face into the fire mage's chest, wrapping her arms around him and squealing ecstatically. "I missed you, Natsu."

The dragon slayer lifts Lucy's head up, by her chin, to look at his own. "I missed you, too, Lucy."

Lucy couldn't handle the warm, calloused skin on her shoulder and chin, so she leaned in to kiss the pink-haired, warm man. Then, she woke up, toying with her pillows, and her left leg halfway off her bed, wrapped around one of the bed legs. It was very early in the morning, so she felt the need to go back to sleep when she heard a voice from the foot of her bed.

"Good, you're up," Said a man in a black-gold vest, and a white-and-black scaled muffler, "I only stopped by because Happy wanted to give you this." He tossed a bag of tuna onto the bed as if he were irked just by being there. "You're lucky he doesn't know."

"Natsu wait, I-" The fire mage hopped out of the window with his last remark, leaving another painful stab to Lucy's heart. She lied down in bed until the sun engulfed her apartment in light, crying. When she was done, she got dressed, stuffed the bag of tuna into her bag and headed out for the guild.

Lucy walked into the guild, greeted by smiles and drunk laughter. She approached the bar, where a barmaid stood, cleaning out a glass.

"Hi, Lucy! How are you? Have you heard that he's back?" The barmaid asked in one breath.

Lucy just slumped down onto one of the stools and replied, "He came by this morning, Mira. I wouldn't think that he'd want to see me at all - even if it was just to deliver a gift for Happy." She rested her head on the base of her palm, which was propped up by her elbow.

"Have faith, Lucy. I'm sure he'll forgive you soon." The white-haired, take-over mage said. Then, a mug goes flying across the guild hall towards the bar; it would have hit Mira if she didn't tilt her head just enough to avoid the slightest touch from the glass. It shattered on the wall behind her.

"I missed," Muttered the dragon slayer from across the guild.

"Oh my god! Mira, are you okay?" The celestial mage asked fretfully.

"Oh, don't worry about me, Lucy. You should watch out for that next glass, though." The barmaid replies, retaining her smile as she picked up the pieces of glass from the glass.

Another glass wizzed over Mira as she bent down to pick up the pieces. A few shards landed in her hair, from then she dropped the shattered glass and turned around to face Natsu in a sharp movement. Her glaring eyes overshadowed the innocent smile. The top half of her body looked as if she had just entered Satan Soul, though the bottom half - her legs and feet - remained under her barmaid uniform.

Upon seeing this, the dragon slayer instantly regretted his decision.

"Pick that up." Mira's voice sounded demonic, scaring the fire wizard into rushing over and picking up the shards of glass and tossing them into a waste disposer - just an empty beer keg. Natsu bowed repetitively at the barmaid, who had transformed back into her innocent self. He then ran off to hide.

"Either he's become a bad aim for being gone so long or he really wanted to hit you, Mira," Lucy said, watching as the dragon slayer ran off.

"He was aiming for me on purpose, silly," The barmaid said, "He didn't want to hit you - just make it seem like he wanted to. I was right to say that he would forgive you soon." Mira picked up a tray and began walking around the guild hall and collecting the empty beer mugs.

"I just want Natsu back," Lucy thought to herself.