He's there for me

New direct message from @invisiblescars

ethan: You told him your surname? Your freaking SURNAME?

You: i gave him my e-mail.

ethan: Well, congratulations, he can stalk you to your home now.
ethan: And that's gonna be easy for him because we all live in the same town. What a lucky coincidence! Tucson, right?

You: how'd you know?

ethan: I overheard Jackson at school. You guys are meeting up?

You: he talked about me? and yeah, kind of.

ethan: Yeah, he did. Kind of?

You: i'm going to the movies with my friend and he said he'll come see me there.

ethan: Smooth. Are you sure you want to meet him?

You: nothing wrong with it, i mean we live in the same town, i'm not alone, it's not a big deal.

ethan: It is a big deal.

You: look, i'm really sorry about what happened to your sister. i really am. and there's no way he could do something to make up for it. but i'm fine, it won't happen to me.

ethan: You're a sweet girl and all. But this is the stupidest thing you can do.

You: jackson has become my friend, he understands me and he cares about me.

ethan: Giving you attention doesn't mean he gets you, hun. It doesn't mean he cares. What it does mean, though, is that he can get in your pants that way.

You: no, seriously, he's there for me. it probably won't make sense to you but this time around, he's been especially helpful... i don't know what to believe.

ethan: I don't know what he told you but whatever it was, it obviously worked. People are actors, Aubrey. You can't trust what you read in your conversations with him.

You: Okay. Then give me one good reason why I should trust you instead.

ethan: One reason? May I give two.
ethan: 1. I'm trying to protect you right here and I don't usually do that shit because if it wasn't for Jackson and everything he's got going on, I'd hardly give a crap since I have enough to deal with myself.
ethan: 2. You and me, we met and we know each other personally. And if you remembered me, you would know that all I'm doing is looking out for you.