I've got a letter

To Julie: uh i've got a letter

From Julie: from ethan???

To Julie: yes..

From Julie: after what-six months after you got mad at him and said you're moving on? now that you don't even have his number anymore? now that you've given up?

To Julie: jules, i never gave up. i just stopped trying.

From Julie: C'MON TELL ME WHAT IT'S SAYING

To Julie: oh no

From Julie: what?

To Julie: i think he really decided to end this friendship for good. he isn't even trying to get the friendship back

From Julie: how??? WHAT??

To Julie: it's my own letter. i wrote it three years ago

From Julie: at the clinic? when you first met?

To Julie: yes. he kept it all along. and now he sent it back to me

From Julie: this can't be, aubrey. look closely. there must be something else

To Julie: why is this happening??

Hi? Hello? Dear Ethan? Dearest Ethan? Whaddup?

I suck at letters, just like you. I just hate how much we have in common. See? That's why this friendship works out so well.

You know this already - and you hate it - but I'm leaving today. I hate this place but strangely I'd love to stay a little longer. How ironic. It's all your fault! :-P

Maybe because we're probably never seeing each other again. I hope it all works out with your aunt, hopefully you'll be happy where she lives. Forgive me for saying this but you said you liked my honesty so here you go: I think you should forgive your uncle.

You may feel lonely sometimes, but you are loved. Remember that, will you?

What else do I say now? I don't want to sound cheesy as hell, but I know I'm going to miss you.

I know why you don't want to keep in touch. We have to move on - and you're so right. After I leave this place, and after you do, although I don't know when, we'll forget the past and start new.

I'm sure I won't forget YOU but I'll try my best to keep our promise: I'll be happy. And I hope you'll be, too. Wherever you are.

I'll always remember you as the banana guy, for your lame jokes that crack me up nevertheless, as the strawberry obsessed nutter.

I don't know whether we'll meet again in the future. But if we do, I hope I'll see that smile on your face again.

Love always,

your little turd. x

To Julie: you're right, there is something, he wrote something on the back

You truly don't know what you have until it's gone. You will always be that one to me.