Chapter 116: The Joke, Wei Wei

Helian Wei Wei just stood in the midst of these kinds of disdainful gazes from thousands of people, billows and billows of gazes, her fresh and elegant face appeared as if it wasn’t the least bit bothered by people’s discussion. Her pair of clear and limpid eyes slowly scanned all around, and finally fell on Helian Jiao Er’s body. “Family? Have you forgotten, I have already been driven out from the Helian clan by you and that ungrateful father.”

“This Helian family’s eldest daughter is indeed crude. Look at the younger sister and look again at the elder sister, merely by their appearance alone, one could already tell who is benevolent and who is evil.”

“Come on, a person who ran away from the academy with a man in the middle of the night, how good can they be.”

Listening to the sounds of everyone’s comments, Helian Jiao Er lowered her head and insincerely used a handkerchief to wipe at the corners of her eyes. “I know Oldest Sister loathes me in her heart.” After saying that, she slowly moved her gaze from Wei Wei’s body and withdrew it. With an empathic expression, she smiled modestly at everyone. “Everyone, don’t talk about Elder Sister like that, it’ll just upset her. Just blame it on me.”

As expected, this again stirred up another show of approval for the beautiful and kind person.

Wei Wei’s cinnabar colored lips slanted down in disinterest. A set of people in front, a set of people behind, Helian Jiao Er didn’t tire of playing these kinds of cheap tricks, but she was tired of watching them.

Helian Jiao Er gripped her handkerchief and spoke as if she was hesitating. “However, Elder Sister hasn’t even touched armaments before, why would you come to an armament convention? Did you deliberately come just to make your life more interesting? If it’s truly like that, then this younger sister, um, advises Elder Sister to stop it.”

Wei Wei narrowed her eyes and looked at the expressions of everyone beneath the stage. Sure enough, there was somewhat more disdain. Those gazes which fell on her body seemed as if they were looking at the smelly bugs inside the gutters, exuding a strong feeling of disgust.

She really didn’t care in the least and slowly smiled in a perfectly composed way. Withdraw? She still hadn’t won money yet, heh, why would she withdraw?

Hei Ze also didn’t know that Wei Wei would appear here. After all, when they’d talked it over, these circumstances hadn’t been in play.

At that time, they talked about bringing the armaments from their armament shop to the auction to sell.

That’s why during these couple of days, Hei Ze had always been over at the auction gaining experience. He waited for half a day, yet didn’t see his partner. He even thought that the other party probably wouldn’t show up.

He didn’t expect that she actually would immediately take part in an armament competition as soon as she arrived!

Hei Ze furrowed his brows. His eyes didn’t blink as they stared at the activity onstage, his entire face was an expression of seriousness.

This made the book boy following by his side somewhat unable to adjust……

At the other side, the imperial guard sitting inside another private room anxiously lifted his brows. “Young master, the gambling joint opened with overly high stakes this time. If this Helian Wei Wei fails to win, then……”

“So it’s like that.” The beautiful youngster sitting at the seat of honor seemed as if he didn’t hear the sound of the imperial guard’s words as he talked to himself. “It’s a technique to change one’s appearance? Eh? Doesn’t look like it.”