Chapter 55: Prior To The Consort Selection

A smart hunter, when treating his prey with care, always had extraordinary patience.

This point is displayed vividly and thoroughly on Baili Jia Jue’s body.

He absolutely didn’t do anything to Helian Wei Wei. As the two people finished eating, they just simply respectively went and took care of their own business.

The difference was displayed at the time after Wei Wei left.

Baili Jia Jue turned the black jade ring on his finger. The tone of his words was demonically cold as he instructed Shadow kneeling on the ground, “Follow her. See who she comes in contact with for the next couple of days.”

“Yes.” Shadow accepted the order and withdrew.

Nangong Lie rubbed the bridge of his nose as he turned and strode forward. He hadn’t entered the Inferior Compound when he saw that at a remote junction of two walls, Eunuch Sun seemed to be like and ant placed on top of a hot pot. He was walking back and forth while holding a horsetail whisk. Sweat drenched his collar at the back. It’s clear he’d been guarding this place for no short amount of time.

After seeing them, Eunuch Sun’s eyes shined. With a ‘putt’ he kneeled down on the ground, “Your Highness.”

Baili Jia Jue indifferently said, “Eunuch Sun certainly is the brightest shining person before the Third Prince, how can you kneel so easily.”

After hearing that, Eunuch Sun almost broke down, “Your Highness…..” His master must be making fun of him. He’s already almost scared enough to die, ok? !

“Stand up.” Baili Jia Jue casually faced forward and took two steps. Even from far away, one could hear four very cold words, “Not to be repeated.”

The skin on Eunuch Sun’s scalp tightened while he promptly swallowed his saliva and answered respectfully, “Yes.”

Nangong Lie saw that the crisis had been averted, and easily resumed his casual and slovenly appearance, “Eunuch Sun, long time no see. How did you provoke your master again?”

“Young Master Lie.” Eunuch Sun greeted him with proper etiquette, and glanced again at the clothes he was wearing.

Nangong Lie naturally noticed his gaze, and devilishly smiled as he pulled at his own black clothes and white outer robe, “Do I look handsome wearing these clothes? It’s your master’s idea to disguise as regular students. It’s also easier to seduce those young ladies from distinguished families this way.”

“Humph, humph.” Eunuch Sun silently admonished in his heart. The one who wanted to seduce young ladies from distinguished families obviously was you.

Nangong Lie let out a very long sigh, “Being too handsome is also a problem. Ah, I am already dressed like this, yet I still have to repeatedly hold back those ladies who fell in love at first sight everyday.”

The corners of Eunuch Sun’s mouth twitched fiercely. The old face managed to raise a fake smile, “This servant remembered that Retired Emperor said that this year, White Academy’s Vice President should be Young Master Lie, you, right?”

“Cough!” Nangong Lie fiercely coughed, “Nevertheless, I should first get a bit more familiar with the academy’s environment, in addition to protecting your master well. You don’t know at all how much hostility had been provoked ever since Ah Jue came. Those people at the Superior Compound early on already found Ah Jue to be displeasing to their eyes. I’m now putting in quite a bit of effort to rectify the situation. How could I abandon His Highness at a time like this, hmm?”

When Eunuch Sun heard this, he didn’t get worried, but was angry instead, “Who, who dares to look at His Highness unfavorably! I’ll go look for them right now. A bunch of son of a **tches want to rebel, is that right?!”