Chapter 12: Twins

Expect a lot more Set it Off now cause I just love it that's why lolol. Dedications this time go to hildaflowerRineastwood, and Otaku9022. I choose these randomly, for the most part, the only qualification for a dedication is adding this to a reading list or voting for a chapter. The third one was not random, it's a friend of mine who helped inspire me to write this chapter so she's cool. Hope you like this one (not as sad this time, I swear).  You can play the song at any point or not at all, I'm mostly just adding these as a way to express myself and Chise.

See ya :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  The next day, I woke up alone. I figured Haruhi had already gotten up to make breakfast. I was in no rush to get ready, as it was Saturday. I slid on a grey dress that reached my mid-thigh and had long sleeves before walking out to the kitchen. I found Dad sitting at the table and Haruhi cooking in the kitchen. I smiled at the two, filling up my water bottle before calling out to the two, "I'm going for a walk. It's supposed to be good for my immune system or something like that. I'll be back... eventually." Haruhi nodded from where she was at the sink and Dad yelled to be back by lunch. I placed my headphones in before opening the door to head anywhere. The first song to play was Nightmare by Set it Off, quite appropriate for my current mental state. I hum the opening, a smile creeping up my face as I begin muttering the lyrics, "They're coming, creeping from the corner and all know is that I don't feel safe." I walked for hours, listening to my music and walking past countless stores. By time I realized the time, I only had a half an hour to get to home and I had walked quite far. Spotting a bus stop, I checked the times and found a bus that would allow me to arrive home right on time. I waited a few minutes before hopping on a bus and riding home with music still blaring in my ears. I arrived home, not taking out my headphones. When I opened the door, I was greeted by the entire host club sitting around the table. I deadpanned, continuing toward the kitchen and Haruhi. I took out one earbud and hugged Haruhi. "I'm back," I state, still ignoring the boys. Haruhi scoffs, "I wouldn't blame you for going back out." I laugh. "I just might," I announced, "You need anything from the store?" Haruhi chuckles and comments, "Ask the boys what they want for lunch." I nod heading over to the hectic dining room. "Hey boys!" I yell over the noise, catching their attention, "What do you want for lunch?" I get a chorus of answers before Tamaki suggests a hotpot. I nod, letting Haruhi know and she tells me what we'll need from the store. "Can we go to the store?" the twins ask, popping up from nowhere. I sigh, "Just you two. No one else." They nod, the others groaning. I laugh and lead the boys out of the house. Hikaru stood on my left while Kaoru stood on my right. I put my earbuds back in, a light chuckle escaping my lips as Nightmare plays again. Hikaru pokes my shoulder and I take my left earbud out. "Yes, Hikaru?" I question. He hums, "What are you listening to?" I laugh at the dumb question but answer anyway, "Nightmare. Want to listen?" He nods and I switch earbuds, handing him the other. Kaoru pouts, claiming he felt left out. Hikaru flinched as soon as I unpaused my music, pulling it out of his ear. "How are you not deaf?" Hikaru practically shouts at me. I chortle at his reaction and Kaoru suddenly looks scared. I stare at him innocently, inquiring, "Would you like to listen?" He shakes his head and I giggle, placing the bud back into my ear. We make it to the store quickly and I move to find the ingredients Haruhi asked me to grab. Kaoru disappears to explore while Hikaru follows me like a lost puppy. I stop to grab some meat, finally taking both my earbuds out. "Hikaru, pork or beef?" I ask. He glances over and answers, "Beef." I continue asking small questions just to talk to him some more. He seems to appreciate it, so I don't stop. Finally, I've grabbed all I need and move toward the sweets aisle. "Hikaru, do you want anything?" I question as I grab a box of matcha milk hard candy for myself. He hums, asking about almost everything on the shelves before grabbing something. "Grab something for Kaoru too," I mutter, grabbing the box from his hand. Before he can, however, Kaoru comes barreling into the aisle we were in. "I was an aisle over and heard my name," he explains, panting. I nod, telling him to get himself some candy. He nods, unsurprisingly grabbing the same thing as his brother. I chuckle at this and we head over to pay. The twins try to pay, eventually causing me to give in since they're rich anyway so who cares. We make our way back to the apartment, this time with my earbuds out and quietly asking the two questions. They both seemed to like having people ask them things, even if it was as superficial as, "What's your favorite color?" They answered all of my dumb questions until we got back. I handed the groceries to Haruhi, refilling my water bottle before telling everyone that I was going to rest for a bit, giving Dad a short nod before disappearing. I turned on my phone, playing my music out loud. I didn't doubt that the others could hear it loud and clear, but it helped clear my mind. I was given maybe an hour alone before I heard a knock on the bedroom door. I opened the door, surprised to find Hikaru. "Hey, uh, lunch is, it's ready if you want. I uh, I can see you're tired though so you, you don't have to come out," He stuttered. I giggled a bit, shutting off my music and pushing him back out to the dining area. We sat down and I somehow ended up between Hikaru and Kyoya. While everyone else spoke quickly and loudly to each other, Hikaru and I quietly continued to exchange trivial questions. I laugh as he asks what my favorite musical is. He blushes and exclaims, "What's wrong with loving musicals?" I cough, trying to stop laughing as I choke out, "Nothing's wrong with it, you nerd." Once I've calmed down, I answer, "Personally, I like Hamilton." His eyes light up as he blurts out, "Let me tell you what I wish I'd known," I join quickly, "When I was young and dreamed of glory, you have no control who lives who dies who tells your story." We continue singing the full song, getting everyone else to quiet down and listen to us sing. By the end, we both were out of breath and laughing. At that point, the day was decidedly a great day.