Chapter 6: Karaoke

I was a bit upset while I wrote this, so it's kinda sad. I think. I'm not sure. Let me know if you see any mistakes or if you have any suggestions.

See ya :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 The host club is being held in the courtyard next to the cherry blossoms today. I sat hidden in one of the trees as the girls all filed in through a gate and the host's greeted them. I watched as Tamaki did his whole prince charming act, Hikaru and Kaoru did their twincest thing, Haruhi talked to the girls about their day, and Hani-senpai and Mori-senpai shared sweets with the guests. Everyone was wearing traditional kimonos, which Haruhi looked adorable in, and the girls squealed over them, eventually filling the courtyard with lively chatter. I smiled from where I was perched on a branch covered in the beautiful, pale pink flowers. 

 "A new beginning," I murmur to myself. I pick one of the small twig like branches and hop down, walking over to where my sister and her guests sat. "Haruhi!" I called as I got closer. She looked over at me with a questioning gaze and I quickly slid the branch behind her ear, making it rest in her hair. The girls shrieked in delight and complimented Haruhi, telling her she looks adorable. She blushes slightly and thanks the girls causing them to squeal more.

 I glance around the club members once more before noticing Kyoya sitting alone, typing away on his laptop. I walk to where he sits just as he puts away his laptop and pulls out his death note. It's a death note. "What'cha doin'? I ask as I walk up behind him. He shakes his head and closes the small black book. "I was actually looking for the quote you used at the ball. I believe it's from a song called Jitter Doll, correct?" He asks, turning his head back slightly to glance at me. I nod my head and walk around to sit across from him at the table. He smirks and opens his laptop again, pulling something up before turning the screen to face me. My eyes widen in surprise as I see my YouTube channel pulled up, displaying the few songs I uploaded. At the bottom of the list I saw Cruel Clocks and I lowered my eyes, not letting Kyoya see the flash of sadness and shame in my diamond blue orbs. I could feel Kyoya's eyes on my frail frame as he studied my body language. I looked up, a fake smile pulling at my lips, but he didn't seem convinced.

 "Tamaki! I have a question!" Kyoya called to the blond prince. Tamaki stood and walked briskly towards us. As soon as he was next to the table he asked, "What is it Kyoya?" He continuously glanced at me as he said this. Kyoya looked me straight in the eyes as he asked, "I was wondering if it would be possible to schedule a karaoke party sometime soon. As a sort of welcome to Haruhi and her sister. Late, yes, but a welcome all the same." Tamaki's eyes lit up at the idea presented.

 I lowered my head once more, allowing a grim look to cross my face. Tamaki and Kyoya began to discuss plans as the host club ended. I tuned out the conversation. I coughed quietly into my hand and when I looked down, I saw a small spot of blood. I quickly wipe it away on my dark jeans as Hikaru, Kaoru, and Haruhi all approach me. I look up and faintly smile before going to grab my bag from the tree I sat in earlier.

 I heard Tamaki announce the party and date as I climbed the tree. I sat quietly on the branch for a long while, trying to get all the thoughts of how close I am to death out of my mind. It's been getting harder and harder for me to recover and it's taking me longer each time. I let a single tear slip before I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and wiped any moisture from my eyes.

 I sighed and hopped down again, this time with my bag. Haruhi was waiting for me by the gates to the courtyard and smiles at me when she sees me. I weakly smile back and put my hoodie over my head saying, "It's cold." Haruhi doesn't say anything but you assume she nods. My long hair falls over my shoulders and I play with it, a nervous habit. Haruhi immediately notices this and stops me asking, "What's wrong? Don't lie, I'm your twin, remember?" I smile and look up mouthing, "I'll tell you when we get home." She sighs and nods.

 She understands that when I'm upset, I tend not to speak much as I don't trust my voice. I hold in any tears that may want to fall as we walk out the main gates. I hear one of the hosts call Haruhi and I over but I just stop and wait for Haruhi to finish talking to which ever boy is annoying her now. I didn't bother to notice who they were or what the were talking about. Eventually, Haruhi walks back over and we continue on our way to our apartment.

 I kept my eyes on my feet the whole way there, unwilling to show anyone my pained expression. At one point I was subconsciously tugging at my hair, another nervous habit, and Haruhi had to stop me before I hurt myself.

 When we finally reached home, Dad greeted us and Haruhi sat me down at the table. I pulled my hood off and looked up at Haruhi and Dad, a painful smile on my face. Haruhi spoke in a soft tone as she asked, "What's wrong?" I let the smile drop as tears gathered in my eyes and I said, "Kyoya found my songs. That's why he wanted to have a karaoke party. I can't sing for them. I can't!" My voice gets louder as I say the last part. Haruhi nods in understanding before walking over to me and embracing me. "It's okay. We can tell them you're sick. Although, that probably won't work. Just don't sing. It's okay. I'll stay with you the whole time," Haruhi tries to comfort me. She doesn't understand though. Kyoya found my music. He has listened to my emotions and he acts as though it's something to joke about.

 "I'm not going to school tomorrow," I whisper to Haruhi. She nods and leads me to our shared room. I smile faintly before laying down on my bed facing the wall. I didn't sleep much, and only when Haruhi came to say goodbye as she left for did I notice that it was morning.

 Throughout the day, I didn't move at all. Dad came in and gave me a glass of water before leaving but I didn't touch it. Haruhi brought me food when she got home but I didn't touch that either. I knew I was worsening my condition, but that was the point. Leave before anyone else could get too close to me. Just after Haruhi came in to get ready for bed, I had a coughing fit, blood staining my hands and shirt. I felt tears on my cheeks but felt no emotions. Haruhi called the hospital and I think she said something about Dr. Saki and her team coming. I wasn't listening though. I began to feel light headed the moment Haruhi ran to answer the door. I fell off my bed, hitting my head on the floor just as Dr. Saki ran in, clearly terrified.