Chapter 3: Alive, But Not

Hey, I wrote. I know, I update fairly frequently, at least for now, but still. Have a good day. 

See Ya :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I zoned out when they started talking about the girl Haruhi was dancing with. I think she left but I was looking at the wall. I was sitting on a window sill, not thinking much until I became dizzy and almost fell. "H-Haruhi..!" I tried to call her but she was on the opposite side of the room and my voice isn't very strong. Luckily, Kyoya looked over and noticed I was having trouble staying up. As he made his way over to me, I leaned my head against the window and fell unconscious. I faintly heard Kyoya call, "Haruhi! Your sis-" before everything went blank.

*Dream/Memory/Nightmare*

I had just woken up in the hospital for the fourth time. I had seen the pediatric doctors so many times I knew almost all of them by name. I felt awful and probably looked worse. Dr. Saki came in a few minutes later and smiled. "Awake already?" She asked in a gentle tone. I nodded and frowned. Her voice was a lot softer than usual. "Did something happen Dr. Saki?" I asked with slight concern. She sighed and shook her head, "Nothing gets past you, huh? I shouldn't tell you. I want you to hear it from you father or sister. Anyway, you can head home as soon as you're ready. I'll send Haruhi in." I nod, afraid. That's when it hit me. Usually, it was Mom to give me bad news. Did something happen to her? Soon, Haruhi comes in with a sad smile and puffy eyes. "I was right," I whisper, "Mom, what happened to her?" Haruhi rushes over and hugs me tightly, crying again. I held her tight and I understood. I let a few tears fall but tried my hardest to hold them in. I could barely remember her face. Then the scene changes dramatically. I was all alone in the blank white room. I looked for mom or dad or Haruhi and called for them. I cried and cried and screamed and clawed at the suffocating white walls and empty windows, but nothing changed. After my voice became almost nonexistent, mom appeared in the blank window. Her face was bloody and mangled and her plain white dress was shredded and soaked with blood. "No!" My voice rang out in emptiness.

*Dream/Memory/Nightmare End*

I shot up from my spot on the couch. I looked around to see the host club looking at me in worry. Sitting next to me was my sister who was now hugging me tightly. "Are you alright? You were mumbling and crying in your sleep," Kaoru points out. I reach my hand up to my face in surprise to feel the warm drops of water on my face. I wipe them away quickly and whisper, "I'm fine. We should get home." Haruhi nods and helps me stand. After a few times stumbling, We manage to get out of the room. "I'm calling Dr. Saki," is the first thing Haruhi says as we leave. "N-No! It's fine! I just didn't drink enough water," I explain. "I'm still calling her," She answers. "Calling who?" The twins ask from behind us. "None of your business," She replies simply. They shrug and Hikaru offers to drive us home. I could tell Haruhi wanted to say no but she knew it would be better if we got home quickly. "Fine, but only cause Chisa's not feeling well," She responded as she rolled her eyes. We walked outside to the twins limo and got in. Haruhi told them the address before pulling out her phone and dialing the hospital. "Hello? I'm looking for Dr. Saki. Is she there? Okay. Thank you," She paused for a moment, probably waiting for Dr. Saki to pick up, "Hey. It's Haruhi. Yeah. I just wanted to let you know Chisa passed out. Yeah. She said she didn't drink much water. Okay. I'll tell her. Thanks. Bye." The twins gave us confused looks and Hikaru asked, his voice laced with concern, "Are you okay Chisa?" I nod, "I'm fine. Haruhi's overreacting to me not drinking enough water. She's always worried about me. Even though I'm older," She rolls her eyes and I smile at her. Just then, we pulled up to our apartment building and stepped out. We thanked them and said goodbye before heading inside. Haruhi immediately turned to me after closing the door and said, "Dr. Saki wants you to go to the hospital for a check up tomorrow. You'll have to miss school." I sigh and nod. "I'll take you. We can take the bus!" I shake my head at Haruhi's proposition, "You'll be late. I'll go alone." Her face drops and she looks at me worriedly but reluctantly agrees anyway.