Chapter 5: a Dance

I was listening to a lot of random music while writing this........ Yea.

Song in media (Cruel Clocks) {Song credit: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1640991%E2%80%AC English song credit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_l-oq8UU44&list=PL9YL89sk88rwAE0teYPtWZS9AS5mzn69I&index=13&shuffle=1211}

Song at the end https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSEVBUTXDTQ

See Ya :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The dance was today after school. Throughout class, the twins (who sat in front of Haruhi and I) would ask a million questions about my conditions, the ball, etc. All the girls were squealing and eventually, the teacher just gave up, giving us a free day. At some point, while Haruhi was yelling at the two gingers, I put in headphones and played some of the songs I wrote and recorded. When the song I wrote when Mom died came on (Cruel Clocks) I mumbled a few of the lyrics to myself, "Hey, I remember in the past, that day you smiled at me." Haruhi looks over in surprise when she hears the lyrics. She was the first one I sang the song to. "Is that..?" she starts. I nod before she can finish. The twins look over, confused, and ask in sync, "Is that what?" "Nothing," I answer in a slightly sing-song-y voice They turn to each other clearly unconvinced when suddenly Hikaru looks as though something just hit him. He turns to me with a big smile and says, "Your voice is getting stronger!" I smile as I realize he's right. I go back to listening to the music playing in my ears and look out the window. The cherry blossoms are starting to bloom, I think to myself as I see a few petals drift from the pink branches. A gentle smile warms my features for the remainder of the day.

*Time Skip brought to you by Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing on Rainbows*

I look out at the crowd of girls from where I stand next to Haruhi. We were positioned to the right of Tamaki-Senpai on the stairs that act as a stage. Tamaki and Kyoya-senpai welcome the girls. Tamaki and the twins start fussing over Haruhi because she's never had fancy tuna before. I giggle as Kyoya-Senpai walks over to stand next to me. "You look beautiful Chisa," He states as he glances over at me. I was wearing a simple strapless crimson dress (media) that went to about my knees. It had a ribbon tied into a flower bow around the waist. "Thank you. You look lovely as well," I respond, a small blush dusting my cheeks. Once Haruhi was finally freed from the twins grasp, she walked to me and held out her hand before asking, "May I have this dance?" I smiled and giggled lightly before nodding and taking her hand. She led me down the stairs and to the dance floor. We began to waltz, I was slightly stumbling due to the fact I only knew the basics of waltzing. When the song ended, Haruhi led me to a pillar where she leaned back and watched the other hosts dancing with their guests. I looked for Kyoya on the dance floor, only to find him leaning on the opposite wall, writing in his notebook. He looked up and our eyes met for a moment before he looked back down at his death note. Notebook. Whatever. He closed the black book and walked over to where Haruhi and I were standing. "May I have this dance?" He asked, holding his hand out. I smile and nod. He walks me to one of the less crowded areas of the dance floor and we begin to dance. I smile and accidentally step on his foot. "I'm so sorry Kyoya-Senpai! I'm not a very good dancer!" I squeak. He chuckles, "It's quite alright," He pauses and glances over to Haruhi as the girl who taught her to dance began talking to her, "We should go." With that, he grabs my hand and walks me out of the ballroom and into an abandoned classroom that seems to have been repurposed as a dressing room. I sigh as Hani-Senpai and Mori-Senpai walk in, followed shortly by the twins dragging Haruhi. They force her into a curtained off section of the room as Kyoya-Senpai begins explaining the plan. I laugh when Haruhi stumbles out in a dress, heels, and a wig. The twins sit her in a chair and do her make-up, explaining the same thing to her. After a moment I ask, "Why is Haruhi the one doing this? I'm a girl too. And everyone knows I'm a girl." I swear I saw a flash of emotion in Kyoya's eyes before he pushed his glasses up, causing a glare to hide his eyes. No one answered me and eventually, Tamaki burst into the room and started fawning over Haruhi, who was now failing at walking due to heels. That's one way she and I are alike. I myself am wearing crimson flats that match my dress. I laugh at my adorable, stumbling sister. She glares at me and begins walking down the hall. "Who wrote the letter?" I ask bluntly. Kyoya and the twins raise their hands. I sigh before looking up and smiling. Hikaru's face was tinted red and Kyoya looked away from me, making it impossible to see his face. I laughed again and Tamaki went to go get Kasuga (Kyoya told me that was the chick Haruhi was dancing with's name). A lyric from a song I heard quite a while ago slipped from my lips, "There's always something more left to believe."