Chapter 11: All Too Close

Imma start dedicating these chapters to the people who add this to a reading list. Idk why you ppl like this book. It's pretty crap lol. Anyway, thanks to Luna_Wolf3333 for giving me that little push to finish this chapter. Thanks _-_RavenWilde_-_ for being a huge inspiration to me. And thank you Luna21617 for being the first person (I could find) to add this to a reading list or for voting (sorry I can't remember exactly what you did but YOU ARE APPRECIATED).

And of course, thank you all of my readers, without you, I'd probably have given up by now.

I'm sorry if I didn't mention you, but I have a list going elsewhere of people to dedicate chapters too. 

Thank you for reading, and enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I pause as I see that all of the hosts are sitting silently around a table staring at us. It was almost somber how silent even Tamaki and Hani-senpai were being.There were two empty seats at the table, one of which Haruhi took, and the other she dragged me into. I stayed silent, a monotone look adorning my features. When I finally looked around the table, I saw Hani looking like he was holding back tears, Mori looking concerned, Kyoya holding emotions I couldn't read on his face, Hikaru looking angry, Kaoru looking worried, Tamaki looking concerned, and Haruhi trying, and failing, to hold back tears. I wiped away the few stray tears that escaped her eyes before Hikaru spoke up, anger evident in his tone, "She told us why you hadn't sang in so long. How could you give up like that? Why are you so certain you will die?" Hikaru had stood up, pushing the chair back rather violently, and slammed his hands into the table. I smile at him, at his brother, at everyone. It was a gentle smile, like someone comforting another after they lost a loved one. Everyone looked shocked at this smile. "I am ready to die. I've held back Haruhi and Dad my whole life with hospital bills and sickness. So I'm ready to let go. And they need to be too. That's why I don't want to be around you guys. So I have less people to leave. Less people to hurt. So I beg you, let me leave peacefully. Give me my last month or two to be happy, without any of you. So that you aren't hurt," My tone was as soft as my smile. Out of context you might have thought I was comforting a child. Before I could say anything more, I felt warm arms embrace me from behind. I looked around the table to see Mori was the only one missing from his seat. Craning my head, I confirmed my suspicions and saw Mori-senpai hugging me gently. I wasn't surprised so much as sad. Everyone else's' faces, however, held looks of shock. "Mori-senpai. Why are you hugging me?" My tone was laced with curiosity. Unsurprisingly, he didn't respond. I sigh, trying to shake him off, however he easily picks me up and sits down, pulling me into his lap. I blush a small bit, but shake it off quickly. Another sigh escapes my lips, "I can see you don't want it that way, despite the fact that it will only hurt us all more in the end. Whatever. If you're that determined to hurt yourselves, go ahead. I wish I could say I'll be cold and distant, but I know I won't. So, congratulations. You've gained a new member for a month, month and a half." Hikaru's anger seemed to melt as he listened to my quiet words. Haruhi had begun crying a bit heavier and was being comforted by Tamaki-senpai. Hani-senpai was silently crying and Mori-senpai's grip had loosened. Kaoru was worriedly looking at his brother. When my gaze finally landed on Kyoya, I was able to identify the emotion filling his eyes for the first time. It was pain. Taking advantage of Mori's loosened grip, I slipped from his arms and to Kyoya's side. I smiled kindly at him and all he could do was look down in response. "I apologize. I've caused quite a disruption in your club. I suppose it would have been better if that trip to the hospital at the beginning of the year had resulted in my dea-" Kyoya's eyes snapped up as he interrupted me, "Don't say that. Your presence, while limited, has been enjoyable to all of us." I couldn't help but giggle at how angrily formal his response was. Everyone turned to give us a weird look and I noticed Haruhi had calmed down. I walk to my sister and hug her tightly. I mutter, "Let's head home before Dad gets worried." Haruhi just nods and we take our leave, bidding our farewells to the rest of the club. The mood was minisculely lighter than when I had entered the room as we left. Haruhi and I walked in complete silence until she stopped in front of our room. "Promise me," She started quietly before doing a 180 and raising her voice, "Promise you'll give me two months. I need you for at least that long. Please." Tears left her eyes again and I just smiled, nodding. "I promise," I assure her before leading her to her bed and sitting with her. "We both need some rest, huh?" I ask with a calm air. She nods and we curl up together, falling asleep tangled together like when we were kids.