4. Call Of Duty

"I can't believe you." I say to Ely while she laughs at me. We are currently in my room sitting on the floor since I am painting her nails and didnt want to get my bed messy in case I spill it.

Mum and Zayn came home a while ago and Louis and Liam left for the night to a double date with Eleanor and Sophia. Niall, Harry, and Zayn are in the game room playing X-box I think.

"This is what best friends do, they paint each others nails," Ely says to me while blowing her hand that I just finished working on.

"They dont come knocking on my door at 10 at night demanding to paint their nails like a maniac." I say to her while finishing her other hand and closing the nail polish up.

"Well I do. Thanks," she says while leaning against the wall while facing me. "I saw the twitcam by the way, I really loved the part where you declared your love for O'brien like some crazed fan," she laughs at me.

I cover my eyes with my hands and groan, " It just slipped okay! I didnt mean to say it fast like that!"

"Yeah yeah. Whatever you say," she shakes her head at me.

"Speaking of the twitcam, did you see when Harry said his celebrity crush?" I ask curiously. I wanted to know if what the fans said was true.

"Yeah why?" She looks at me confused.

"Did you see him look at me when he said that? The fans said that he was blushi-" I was cut off by her.

"He was probably just looking down at his lap because he was gushing about his crush. No big deal." She answered a little too fast. As if she knew something about it....

I sigh, "Yeah, you're probably right. Hey, who do you think Niall's crush is? Its been bothering me all day. I mean he doesn't know any blondes that arent famous besides yo-" my eyes widen and i point to her and gasp, "Oh My gosh! Its you isnt it! Niall likes yo-" my mouth is covered by her hand and she looks nervously at me.

"V shh! You're too loud!" She says as she takes her hand away and looks away from me.

"Oh my gosh it really is you. Why didnt you tell me?" I ask softly. Im kind of hurt that she didn't tell me, i mean we are best friends.

"I meant to tell you but it happened so fast." She says while she looks back at me.

"So you guys are dating now or?" I ask curiously.

"No! Not yet anyway. We just recently told each other how we feel." She said quickly while blushing.

"Awww, how long have you guys been a thing?" I ask. Im really happy for her and I am also proud of my match making skills because I'm the one that introduced them before he went on tour.

"Well we started texting as friends when they started the tour and we just started flirting and now we are here," she says shyly. Aw I've never seen Ely so shy over a guy before. She has this glow and twinkle in her eye when she talks about him.

"Aww well I'm happy for you. I hope he asks you out soon though so I can start shipping you guys for real!" I laugh and she shakes her head while laughing.

"Oh god, you are such a fangirl V," she says. "Lets go see what the guys are doing."

"You just want to see your man," I tease her with a wink and she gives me the finger while we walk to the game room.

"Hey guys," I announce as Ely sits next to Niall on one couch and I sit next to Harry on the other couch since Zayn was taking the last one up for himself sleeping. "What are you guys playing?"

"Call of Duty," Harry says as he stares at the screen. He is really focused and I can tell because his tongue is sticking out as he tries to shoot the bad guys. He is wearing his hair in the blue beanie once again and is wearing a white V-neck with black skinny jeans, of course. He has his watch on and a couple of his favorite rings. I've always liked his style even though its really simple. I've always like simple. "Yessss! I win Horan!" He cheers.

Niall gives the controller to me while getting up, "Here Vara, play for me while I get back. Im just going to the kitchen to get some food."

"Oh ill come with you. Im kind of hungry too," Ely says while winking at me and leaves with Niall. They are sneaky little things.

"I dont even know how to play this game." I say as Harry laughs and looks at me.

"Its simple V, just shoot the bad guys." He says smoothly.

"Wow. Really? I never would have thought of that." I say sarcastically to him while rolling my eyes.

Harry laughs and puts his controller on his lap while putting his hands on top of mine to show me which buttons are used for what. "This one is used to shoot," he says as he pushes my index finger on the top right button. "And this one is used to run away," his thumb moves over mine o the bottom button. His hands are warm over mine and way bigger. He keeps them there for a little while longer. He looks into my eyes deeply, "Got it?" He says lowly since he is close enough that I can smell his cologne.

I clear my throat and look down, "yeah i got it. Shoot and run."

"Yeah, shoot and run." He laughs lowly while he presses start.

My character on my side of the screen is in some dark abandoned house. My character goes outside and I see a person. "Oh no Harry is he bad? What do I do? Do I go up and say hi?"

Harry laughs at me, "No V, dont say hi, he is bad. Just shoot, love."

The scary guy is coming closer and I lean towards harry with the controller as if my character will move if i move. "Harry why is he walking towards me! I dont want him to shoot me!"

He leans towards me and puts his hands over mine and presses the shoot button for me. The creepy guy dies and Harrys hands are still on mine. Another guy comes and Harry shoots it again. I look at his side of the screen to see that his character died because he was helping me. "Harry you died!"

"Its okay, I was helping you." He says while looking down at me. I blush slightly and he pulls his hands away to restart the level.

"Okay I think I got it this time," I say while sitting up. Im gonna try to shoot and not get scared.

**ZAYNS POV** (You probably forgot he was sleeping on the couch)

Im trying to sleep but I hear shooting sounds and open my eyes just a bit to see what was going on.

Vara and Harry are playing COD together. Well Harry is playing for Vara since his hands are on hers right now. Vara is laughing and blushing? Shes blushing... She never blushes. Thats new. Harry lets go of the controller after a while but still has his eyes on V. I can tell he has a protective feeling over her. But this is more than a protective look in his eyes.

Is that a twinkle in his eyes? I know that look, thats the same look my dad gives mum all the time. Harry cant be in love with V though? He told me he liked someone but he always gets shy about it.

It all clicks in my head: the way he acts around her, the way he looks at her with admiration. He hasnt been on a date in ages. Its more than friendly. Hes in love with her, i know it.

When Vara announces that shes going to bed, she hugs Harry and tells him goodnight. When she leaves Harry sighs and leans back against the couch smiling and with a light blush on his face.

I cant help but ask, "It's her isn't it?"

He looks over at me and then looks down and sits up with his hands on his lap. He says the words that no older brother wants to hear:

"It always has been."