3) Knocking on the Mind

Start from the beginning

Knowing it's going to be a long day, I didn't talk to anyone while heading out of the academy after talking to Shining-san. Even though I did hear Haruka and Tomo call out my name at one point, but I ignored them and kept walking. Outside of the academy, there was a limo.

The drive was about thirty minutes away, so I didn't really have to wait that long. The conversation that the driver and I were having was actually pretty funny. Even though it was mainly all about me and my experience in America and if I miss it and everything. Turns out, the reason why he was asking all these questions was that he's originally from America as well, he just decided to move to Japan because his entire family is Japanese. Which I could relate, but only my ancestors are Japanese.

My grandmother was Japanese and she fell in love with someone from America. After they married and went on their honeymoon they went back to Japan and stayed there until dad was born. When dad turned four they moved back to America. When my dad got older, he met mom in college, but the thing was after mom and dad married they stayed in America with no plan to move out of the country. Until I was born at least.

When we arrived at the studio, I wasn't nervous, and I wasn't scared. If I'm being honest, I'm actually excited. It's my first job without my parents.

'No longer in their shadow. I now have my own jobs as an idol. This is exciting!'

I soon started to hum something. But I didn't realize that I was saying it in English.

"Now I am unbreakable, it's unmistakable
No one can touch me
Nothing can stop me"

"T-That sounded really good." I heard a girl stutter behind me. "S-Sorry, I'm Takamaki Haruno, I used to be one of your family's biggest fans, b-b-but-" she paused.

I smiled and said, "Hey, Takamaki-san. No need to be nervous. Just talk to me as if I'm one of your friends."

"P-Please, call me Haruno."

"Okay, Haruno-san." I gave her a close-eyed smile. "And thanks for the compliment about the few words that I just hummed."

"O-Oh, it's nothing. It just sounded really good. Is that going to be one of your next songs?"

I looked away from her and said, "Maybe. Depends on what the composer has in mind. Anyway, sorry for going off topic, but do you know where I'm supposed to go. I've never done anything that involved modeling."

"Oh, sure. Come, it's this way." I could still tell that she was nervous to be around me, but there wasn't really anything that I could do. My family was one of the worlds best-known idols. Their movies and music were sold all over the world until we as a family went under the radar. "This is just a question, you don't have to answer it if you don't want to, but why did you and your family stop being idols?"

"If I have to say a possibility, it would probably have to be," I said as I brought my gaze to the floor.

"You don't have to answer if it's hard to bring up."

I giggled and said, "It's fine. It's not like anything sad happened. But the main reason would have to have been me."

She stopped walking and said, "W-What do you mean by that?"

"Promise not to tell anyone?" I asked as I brought my right index finger to my lips.

"Promise."

"My parents hated me. They hated the fact that I got tons of fans in a short amount of time."

"So they stopped being an idol because of how many fans you got in a certain amount of time?"

"Exactly."