"So what does this mean?" I blurted. Oh God. Why?

"What does what mean?" she asked, bemused.

My heart pounded in my chest.

"Are we... a thing?" I asked slowly.

It took her a long time to answer. Please don't reject me, please don't reject me, I thought over and over.

"Well, if that's your way of asking me out, then my answer is...."

She thinks it's a lousy way of getting asked out, doesn't she? 'Are we a thing?' honestly Ash, you sound like a 3 year old. Are you ASKING for a rejection?

But, to my complete surprise, she bit her lip and leaned in to put a hand around my neck, giving me a slow, warm kiss.

"That," she said with a smile.

I couldn't help it. I gave her a huge grin. What an idiot I am, I thought. But whatever, it didn't matter. Alex was my girlfriend. Alexandria was my girlfriend. Alexandria fucking Riley is my damn girlfriend.

"Come here you," I murmured with a grin. And once again, I put my hands on her back, and rolled her on top of me and I felt her warm, soft hands greet my neck. And as she leaned in for a kiss, there was no way in hell I would ever refuse.

~ALEX'S POV~

Best morning ever?

Yes I think so. Uh, one, Ashley is the best kisser ever! Two, Ashley Purdy is my damn boyfriend.

What more could I want?

I was making my bed with a huge smile spread across my face. Ashley was in the bathroom taking a shower.

I was humming to myself with my smile still plastered onto my face when I felt hands wrap around my waist and a head rest on my shoulder from behind.

"What're you smiling about?" Ashley asked. And he gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"What can I NOT be smiling about? I have the greatest boyfriend ever," I replied, dazzling him with a smile.

"Oh, stop it you," he whispered and kissed my ear, then my neck and then my cheek. It gave me goosebumps. The good kind though. He was still intimidating, ever since the first day we met he had been.

His head remained on my shoulder and his arms on my waist. His warm breath on my neck made me nervous. I turned to look at him and noticed his hair was wet from the shower and- my stomach turned- he didn't have a shirt on.

I gave him a weak smile and found myself staring at his shirtless self. His arms were a bit muscular, not like the jocks, but still. I noticed from the day I saw him that he had a good build, but I didn't know it was THAT good.

He smiled at me.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." he mused.

"Uhrr... what?" I asked, completely entranced by him. And then noticed what he was talking about and became embarrassed with myself as I felt my face grow hot. I put a hand to my cheek as though it would make the redness go away.

"Hey, no need to feel embarrassed." he whispered.

He took my hand and intertwined it with his.

Why is he so intimidating? It's scary...

He stared at me, a troubled look on his face and his eyebrows stitched together. He put a finger on my cheek.

"Something's bothering you." he stated, his brows furrowed. "What is it?"