Chapter Eleven

Just a full warning here. I got lazy and decided not to edit this chapter. For the most part, I think it's okay, but tell me what y'all think. Also leave a vote if y'all like! It really helps keep me motivated.

Chapter Eleven

It doesn't take long for Omega and the Bat to find their way back to the cave. The whole way back, Omega contemplates trusting him. He doesn't blame the Bat for being suspicious, but he put Kaila in danger. For Omega, this is not a thing he can easily overlook. Eventually, Batman speaks, "We're here."

As they climb out of the Bat Mobile, Omega immediately gets the feeling that everything is not as it seems. He crouches low, and allows his instincts to take over. He looks around himself, and realizes the Bat has already gone ahead.

Scowling, Omega sidles up next to him, "You feel that?"

Batman nods, "Just don't get ahead of yourself. If we are in danger, we would already know."

Finally, Omega notices what's got him so on edge. "Where is everyone?"

Batman elegantly glides across the floor, never once stopping to answer.

Suddenly, Omega sidesteps, and sticks his arm out. With a grunt, a figure hits his arm, and falls to the ground.

"Hey dude? Really?"

Omega feels himself flush with embarrassment. "Wally?"

"Yeah Wally! Remember? The beast?"

Omega snorts.

Wally then dusts himself off, and begins running again.

Omega frowns, "What's the rush?"

Wally goes pale, and shouts over his shoulder, "It's Kaila!"

Omega almost laughs. He's not one to laugh, especially when it comes to Kaila, but, recalling Wally's look of horror, Omega begins to trot after him. Soon, he begins to run as panic begins to set in.

As he comes to the infirmary, he slows.

"Kaila?" he pauses slightly, then comes closer.

He had not believed Wally, but sure enough, there lies Kaila. But she looks fine.

"Get him out of here," the medic says calmly.

Superboy, and Robin immediately step forward, but with a warning from Batman, both step back.

As Omega shifts his gaze, he realizes for the first time that the medic is a robot. He looks him up, and down. The robot is red with a yellow symbol within its chest.

"What is this?"

The robot answers with sarcasm, "'This' is Red Tornado."

Omega, clearly not in the mood for games quips, "And I didn't order a side of sass with that. Now what are you doing?"

Omega turns his attention back to Kaila, clearly trying to keep his emotions in check. "What's wrong with her?"

As they turn to one another, none wanting to say.

Finally, with a breath of impatience, Omega breaks free of his hesitation, and walks right up. As he reaches for her face, M'gann tries weakly, "Don't!"

But fed up with their secrecy, Omega grasps her chin, firmly, but gently with his hand, and pulls her head toward him.

With a gasp, he stumbles back.

Omega timidly regains his composure, and grasps at her face. He leans in close, and those watching see him begin to shake. Batman kneels down, and hesitantly puts his hand on Omega's back.