Chapter Two

A special thanks to Cassandra_McKay for all her help in perfecting these chapters. Without her, they would be horrendous. If someone reads this, be sure to check her books out. She has some of the most compelling stories out there. Now, to the story!

Chapter Two

     The boy stumbles as he struggles to keep up with the girl. She walks with quick angry steps and, with a glare in his direction, tells him that she does not want to speak. If looks could kill, her's would obliterate.

     Finally, after a long period of silent brooding, she glances over at him and sighs. "Fine. One question. What do you want to know?"

The boy, finally able to get some answers, asks the only question that comes to mind, "Who are you?"

Surprised at his inquiry, she can't help but smile as she tells him. "I have two names, but you may call me Alfaan."

At the boy's puzzled look, she even laughs, and to his credit, he notices just how beautiful she becomes in that moment. As they reach a particular room that looks to have been carved out a millennia ago, he studies her for a moment. Her hair is long and a very dark brown, almost black. Her eyes are a rich chocolate brown and they catch even the faintest of light and seem to reflect it back. Her face is like that of a wolf. Beautifully perfect, yet well refined.

A she-wolf, the boy thinks grimly. As he thinks this, he realizes what her name must mean, and as he thinks of her personality, he knows he is right.

Alpha.

He smiles slightly, and as the girl's smile disappears, he has to consciously remind himself not to stare.

"Though, my actual name is Kaila."

He nods. "What is this place, and what is this..." He trails off, as he tries to think of the right word. "Group?"

The girl, sits on the edge of what he assumes will be his bed for the night. "I thought I gave you only one question." she glares at him for a moment, but continues despite her protests. "We are in Nanda Parbat, home to the League of Assassins. Us."

The boy's jaw drops. "Assassins?"

The girl smirks. "Yeah. Why do you think we wear these clothes? 'To distance ourselves from the world?'" She quotes Ra's.

"I wasn't to sure. I noticed, but I thought it was just tradition."

The girl shrugs. "No. Kinda, but this place itself is a tradition."

She looks around, uncomfortable for a moment. This makes the boy fidget as well. "Listen." She speaks with hesitation. "Your training starts tomorrow. When it does, remember what it is your fighting for."

The boy squints his eyes slightly. "Why?"

The girl looks at him with something like... remorse in her eyes. "Because if you don't, you will die. The League has perfected its training. Not to just train the body but also the mind. I have seen recruits come in with a strong body but break under the pressure of being a member of the League."

"Well, what if I don't have anything to fight for?"

The girl's face darkens. "Then find something."

The girl stands suddenly. "I must go. I have said to much already."

"But-"

The girl looks angrily at him. "Don't 'but' me. Never again will you question me. Our relationship goes as follows. I talk, you listen. Got it?"