Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

"Dear God!" Omega sputters as he stumbles out of bleary sleep. His hands shoot up to his head, and his mind screams with agony.

'What have they done to me,' he thinks, as he sits for a moment, desperately trying to wish away the pounding headache ringing in his ears.

He finally begins to take in his surroundings and realizes he is back at the cave. In a bed. Undressed. His cheeks flame red as he understands that there is no way he could have ever undressed himself.

He feels a stirring beside him and freezes. He casts his eyes to his left and is horrified to see Kaila beside him. With a start, he jumps back, trying as hard as he can to scramble out of bed. He instantly regrets it, however, and brings his hands back to his head.

"Kaila?"

She shifts slightly and brings her arm over her head. "Please," she whispers. "Be quiet."

After a moment of silence, she shifts again, then comes flying up. "Meggie? Why are you in my bed."

"Your bed? What makes you think this is your bed?"

"Because I'm in it. Now answer the question."

He takes a deep breath. "I don't know. I just woke up."

She goes pale. "You don't think..."

He squints his eyes in confusion.

Her eyes widen. "That we..."

Frustration builds within her as he still gives her that stupid look. "You know...did the deed?"

Finally, his eyes dawn with understanding, and he blanches. "Oh, no. I don't think so, Kaila."

She breathes out a sigh of relief, and he takes a chance. "Besides, I think I'd remember."

Their eyes meet, and they both remember, through a fog, what had happened last night.

Suddenly, the door to their room bursts open, and the other teens come pouring in. A flash, a gasp, and several voices later, Wally finally peers out from behind the camera in his hands. "Awww, look at the cute couple!"

"Wally!" Kaila shouts, still holding her head. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Getting a picture as a souvenir."

Kaila's face flushes red, and she lifts a finger in his face. "Don't you dare, Wally." She winces. "You give me that camera right now!"

In a flash, he's across the room. "I don't think so. I think it will make a great addition to the wedding album."

Both Kaila and Omega both gasp, but it's Wally who finally seems to let it drop. "Anyway, that doesn't matter right now."

His smile drops, and he starts slowly backing out of the room. "Robin told me you are going to choose a new name, Omega. Made a choice yet?"

With a rare smile, Omega proudly states, "Actually, yeah. I was thinking William Grace."

Kaila laughs, and says mockingly, "You're still my Meggie."

Wally stops backing up and puts on a look of thoughtfulness. "Hhhhm. I like it. Eli Grace. Kaila Grace."

With a look of embarrassed fury, Kaila springs up out of bed, and moves toward Wally.

However, Wally's face breaks out into a wild grin, and he makes eye contact with Artemis. "Kaila and Eli sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-"

He never finishes the sentence, however, due to the small black shoe that hits the wall behind him as he happens to super speed out of the way of Kaila's sailing footwear.