Chapter Four

I do believe the image above is from the CW's Arrow. If it is, then the image belongs to the CW and D.C. Comics! Thanks!

Special thanks to @nanonabha, @Deathstroke1960, and @Cassandra_Mckay for voting on this book! Your feedback means a lot to me!

Chapter Four

3 months later...

The boy struggles in his sleep. He jerks and twitches, causing himself damage in the dream world. In an imaginary rock solid punch, his hand lashes out in the real world and hits the wall beside his bunk. Sweat glistens along his body as he cries out into the night.

Within his dream, he sees a man, larger than any he has ever seen. On first instinct, he lunges forward and attempts to harm the large man. The man chuckles with arrogant humor and stands proudly before the boy.

"You are but a boy!" he says with mock surprise.

The boy looks upon the figure, unable to see his features. Red eyes peer down at him, and as he charges toward the godlike man, the man, with a careless swat, backhands him in a way that suggests he is an annoying fly.

Then with a thunderous roar of laughter, the man raises his foot and squashes him beneath his heel.

With a cry of panic the boy jerks into a sitting position in his bunk, now wide awake. He thrashed wildly for a moment as he still feels the sensation of being crushed. Then reality sets in, and he begins to calm himself.

He runs a trembling hand through his hair. In all these months, this has been the worst one yet. Shortly after beginning his training, nightmares had begun tormenting him. For a time, they had hindered his training, but as Ra's and Alfaan had pointed out, these were merely obstacles. Though when the boy had told Ra's of the man in his dreams, he had seemed particularly troubled.

The boy turns and lets his feet dangle over the side of his bunk. As he rises, he catches sight of himself in the mirror that is mounted on the far back wall of his room. It's a full length mirror that shows his entire body, and as he stares silently, he can't help but marvel at how much his body has changed in the past few months. Not an ounce of fat clings to his now ripped form. Muscles ripple up and down his young body, and long clean scars now blemish his skin. The latest addition runs across his abdomen, still an angry red, but absent of any pain it might have held.

As he begins to put on the uniform provided to him, he begins to also shift his mindset. Once a boy, now an Assassin. He feels no pain, no remorse, no mercy, and no fear. The harsh training he has endured at the hands of Alfaan has quenched any remaining weakness within him. As he dons the matching mask, he becomes someone, or something, entirely different. As he equips the sword at his side and the bow upon his back, he is the living embodiment of a warrior.

As he walks into the hall, he joins the many other Assassins. He stands straight, and tall, never once showing hesitation.

Alfaan walks out to give orders to the soldiers. "Good morning!" A chorus of shouts sound out in response. "Khalas! You will be training alongside Alsabah today. Eanqa, you will partner up with Nasir..." As she goes down the list, the boy looks on with something close to boredom. However, from the steady rhythm of his breath, the firm set of his shoulders, and the icy glare of his brown eyes, the girl can see that he is ready for anything.