Chapter Eight

Hope y'all enjoy! If y'all do please leave a vote, and comment! Now, on to the story!

Chapter Eight

After the test, days pass. Omega begins to think that this infiltration was more of a filler mission that Ra's had made up. As far as Omega can tell, they are merely a team of teens who focus on saving the world instead of running it to the ground. The one thing that bothers Omega is the fact that they actually accept him. Just as the League had welcomed him with open arms, so too does this team. It becomes such a battle that he begins to take notes on each member's weaknesses just to remind him who the enemy is.

Robin's weakness is the fact that he is too open. He allows those who don't deserve it to get close to him. Kid Flash, aka. Wally West, takes nothing seriously, Superboy has no control over his anger, and as far as he can tell, Miss Martian, or Megan as she repeatedly asks him to call her, is far too naive. The only odd one is Artemis. He finds that though she is considered part of the Team, she still stands out. If anything, she is too blunt. Yet the same could be said of Kaila.

After the third day, Omega begins to get antsy. "I need to get out."

Robin glances up from the computer on his wrist. "Get out where?"

"Anywhere. I feel like I'm being caged up."

Kaila walks over to join him. "Same. We've been in Gotham, but we haven't even really explored it."

Without missing a beat, Robin says, "We actually aren't in Gotham at the moment. We use a technology that allows us to essentially teleport instantaneously to any location. It's called a Zeta-Beam."

Kaila meets Omega's eyes and is shocked at the wide-eyed look of awe within them. "Anywhere?"

"Anywhere where there is already a Zeta-Beam already set up."

"Awesome!" Kaila smiles and begins to dance around on her tiptoes.

Omega watches her for a moment, sees the giddiness in her eyes, and can't help it. He turns and begins to walk away. He almost makes it to the kitchen, when Kaila runs up beside him and throws her arm around his shoulder.

"Where are you going, Meggie?"

He opens his mouth, but can't think of anything. "I... really don't know."

She leans her head on his shoulder. "Where would you be without me, Meggie? Come on!" Grabbing his hand, she leads him back to the group. "Let's go out!"

Miss Martian claps her hands and looks to Robin. "Oh can we? It's been ages!"

Aqualad steps up. "M'gann, did you not take her shopping just a few days ago?"

M'gann looks down in a show of embarrassment. "Yeah. But it's been three days. And I'm not suggesting that only the three of us go out. All of us!"

Robin starts pacing. "It's actually not a bad idea. It could help team bonding."

"Exactly!"

"Let me contact Batman first; he'd want to know." As Robin calls Batman, the rest begin talking.

"So! Kaila." Wally sidles up next to her.