Ch 13: Present Reality

"Well, well, my dear brother. From the look in Merlin's eyes i'd say you've learned the truth about our dear serving boy." Morgana smiled wickedly.

"I have." Arthur replied curtly his eyes filled with defiance. "And I don't care."

Morganna's smile faltered. "What? No, that cannot be..."

"You lose Morganna. Your plan has failed. What? You thought this would make me hate Merlin? What did you think I would do? React with blinding rage, banish him, renounce our years of friendship all because he has magic? I am not our father." Arthur told her his voice steely.

"Don't act all noble because you're suddenly accepting magic, the throne is supposed to mine! I am the rightful heir!" Morganna exclaimed.

"Arthur is a more worthy king than you'll ever be." Merlin spoke up.

"Yes, yes so you've said a thousand times. Your're nothing, but a serving boy with a little magic. Nobody cares what you have to say." Morganna told him.

"Not true." Gwaine protested and Merlin gave a him a small smile.

"Nobody with importance cares." Morganna amended her statement.

"How long are you going to keep doing this?" Merlin questioned as he leaned back against the dungeon wall attempting to find a comfortable position.

"Do what?" Morganna questioned caution in her eyes.

"Act like you have the upper hand." Merlin sighed running a hand through his hair.

"You're in a dungeon, Merlin. You don't even have your shirts."

"Yeah, about that-" Leon tried to interrupt, but Morganna flicked her wrist in his direction muttering a spell her eyes flashing gold. Leon's eyes fluttered closed and he slumped to the floor his hand landing on Perceval's lap.

"Was a sleeping spell really necessary?" Merlin frowned at her.

"You're not getting you're shirts back. I enjoy the view." Morganna smirked.

"We're siblings, you do realize that." Arthur reminded her making a face.

"Never bothered you before, dear brother."Morganna swiftly replied.

"Look Morganna just let us go, give us back our shirts and weapons and I'll go easy on you." Merlin told her.

"Easy on me?" Morganna laughed. "Your pitiful magic cannot harm me Merlin."

"I killed Morgause remember?" Merlin reminded.

"Merlin, maybe not remind her of that." Lancelot warned.

"Too late." Gwaine sighed wincing as Morganna went to slap Merlin but her hand never hit. Instead it met a shimmering golden forcefield.

"What?" She whispered confused.

"You've got it backwards, Morganna. Your magic is nothing compared to mine and you know I really must thank you because now I can use it freely." Merlin grinned. "I-I can can't I?" Merlin asked Arthur.

"If you promise to use it for the good of all." Arthur nodded.

"You act like I would use it for anything else." Merlin laughed.

"So, you've never used your magic to get your chores done?" Arthur questioned.

"Sire, That is for the good of Camelot. Your armor would not be that polished without my magic." Merlin grinned.

"Don't abuse your power." Arthur nudged him.

"Never, I'm not about to screw you being okay with this up. It still feels surreal." Merlin smiled.

"Smile while you can, Merlin. You won't be for long." Morganna scowled going to walk out of the cell, but Merlin felt something. A dark foreboding magic that made his skin crawl. It was heading straight for them, or more specifically Morganna.

"Morganna get down!" Merlin tackled her to the ground before he even comprehended what he was doing.

"Merlin!? What are you doing?" Arthur demanded.

"We really aren't ready to escape." Lancelot agreed.

"Yes, we could've done with more warning. Are you sure you're the one who should be holding her down Merlin?" Elton questioned.

"You saved me..." Morganna whispered in surprise.

"I know..." Merlin frowned back.

"Did you see who it was?" Morganna asked shoving Merlin off her.

"No, it was too quick." Merlin replied standing up.

"What are you letting her up for? Merlin, what's going on?" Arthur demanded hating this new feeling of the unknown that was creeping upon him. There was so much about magic that he didn't know. He needed to trust Merlin on everything in the matter.

"Something doesn't want anyone leaving the cell." Merlin answered back looking to Morganna. "Not even her."

"Trapped inside you're own prison? Tell me Morganna how does it feel?" Gwaine smirked.

"Gwaine, this is serious." Merlin frowned.

"Merlin!" Morganna gasped.

"I know I feel it too, something's shifting." Merlin frowned, then a moment later a voice sounded from the doorway.

"What's with all these long faces? Did my sister not tell you I was coming?"

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Alright well you all said you were still interested so here you go! This story shall continue!!!! Tell me what you think in the comments!!!