Ch 11: will

The past watchers landed in a field somewhere in ealdor. "That was way too close phoebe" merlin said sitting up looking around trying to remember when they are in his past exactly. "Oh c mon merry bear your mom meant well you know that!" Phoebe said. "Yeah i know it's just...." Merlin trailed his eyebrows doing that thing they do when he's thinking. "Just?" Arthur prodded. Merlin sighed. Damn arthur and his suddenly accepting ways." I don't really remember my mom sobbing about my magic so much.. It was weird... And not the good kind" eylon turned to leon in confusion. "There are good kinds of weird?" He asked him. "I never thought so before today" he responded as merlin suddenly sat pin point straight got up and bolted out of the frilly meadow they were in to some kind of ancient oak tree. "Merlin you can't go racing off like that!" Arthur snapped once he reached his best friend once again. He just found out he had an all powerful dragonlord as a best friend and now he was trying to run away.... After he granted like every wish his friend had ...just what?! "Arthur shh... This is a special day!" He grinned voice brimming with nostalgia. "Ooh and here i come four year old me running from those older bullies" he smirked. "Off with their heads" arthur muttered. "What?" Merlin asked. "I didn't say anything" arthur replied innocently. "There deaths shall be slow and painful" gwaine mumbled. "What!?" Merlin questioned turning to gwaine. "Huh oh umm i want some ale think you can magic some up?" He asked brightly. "No gwaine" merlin said. "Hey merlin hold on who's that next to you? Who is the other little boy?" Lancelot asked glaring at the 8-10 year olds twice the four year old merlin's size. "This was the day i befriended will" merlin said smiling. " he was short" arthur snorted. "Oi! So were you pendragon!" Phoebe snapped. "I was not-" "you were quite a little squirt my lord" leon said grinning. Arthur scowled. "How do you know if i was short!?" Arthur asked phoebe. "Spirit of the past duh!" She said leaning back against the oak tree. Merlin and will dove behind the oak tree and the bullies ran running past.

"Do ya think we lost em?" Will asked panting hands on his knees. "I hope so!" Merlin panted. "What did they want with you anyways?" Will asked."they were picking on that lucy girl.... I couldn't just sit by and do nothing so i sort of threw a rock at them and then they started chasing me" merlin answered. "Well lucy wanted me to tell you thanks" will said. "Why couldn't she tell me herself?" Merlin questioned. "I think she's shy and also well...." Will trailed off hesitant to finish his explanation. "Well...?" Merlin prodded. "She was sort of scared because all the other kids keep calling you a bastard and yeah" will finished lamely. "Oh is that all?" Merlin asked smiling brightly. Will nodded confused. "Are you scared of me too? Think i'm a monster do you?" Merlin asked crossing his arms and looking away slightly upset.

"Never ever ever say your a monster again do you understand me merlin?" Arthur asked his friend poking him in the shoulder as he questioned him. His eyes widened and he immediately looked at his own chest. "When on earth did we get our shirts back!?" Arthur questioned lost. Phoebe giggled. "Your welcome arthur" phoebe smiled. "Why doesn't percival get a shirt?" Elyon questioned. "You want to take away my good view!?" Phoebe cried dramatically. "Is she serious?" Merlin asked arthur. "I can't tell" he responded. "Give him a shirt phoebe" arthur ordered. She glared crossing her arms. Arthur sighed. "Please?" He asked. "Fine" she whined and a tank top suddenly appeared on percival in a magical shimmer of gold sparkle's.

Will shook his head immediately. "No i'm not scared at all! In fact your nothing like a monster! If anything that king cenred that my father works for is a monster. I barely see my dad anymore! I hate him!" Will exclaimed punching the dirt.

"I like this kid." Gwaine grinned.

"You two would have gotten along great  gwaine" merlin smiled.

"Troubling use of past tense merry beary" phoebe frowned.

"He's dead" merlin sighed gazing at will. 

"Sorry" phoebe sighed.

"No it's fine it happened a long time ago" he said with a grim smile.

"Well at least you have a father.." Merlin sighed. "Yeah .... I guess" will sighed."i'm will by the way" he said holding out his hand. "i'm merlin" he responded taking the other boys hand in his giving it a good shake. "Friends?" Will questioned. Merlin thought about it for a moment and shook his roughly. "No not friends" merlin said stubbornly. Will was about to object but merlin opened his mouth again. "Best friends" he said with a smile. "Best friends it is" he responded walking back toward the village merlin by his side. He paused when merlin tripped. He waited patiently as merlin got up and they walked back to the village together.

"Aaaw!! Phoebe cried her hands folded around her wand as her eyes leaked tears. "She's crying.... Merlin why is she cry?!" Arthur asked panicked. Merlin froze and bit his lip. "Umm..." Merlin replied. "That was so adorable!!! Oh my gosh i-i can't! Right in the feels! Can't stop! emotions over loading. Too much bromance!" Phoebe said before fainting hitting the ground in a crash of gold sparkles. "What are feels?" Arthur questioned. "Feelings...?" Gwaine mused as he picked up a stick and started poking the spirit. The stick hit her arm and gold sparkles sprayed everywhere like sparklers. "Gwaine what are you doing?" Lancelot asked. "I'm seeing if she's still alive!" He responded. "She's a spirit doesn't that mean she's already dead and therefore cannot die?" Elyon asked bored. Phoebe snapped up and grabbed the twig from gwaine snapping it effectively in two before poking him with it repeatedly. "How does that feel huh?!" She questioned.  Thus the poke war of twigs was born.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Comment, vote, you know what to do! Thanks for reading! I love you guys!