"You know what Jade. Go fuck yourself. I fucked up, but there is no need to throw my feelings back in my face." Jade starred him down when she uttered the words that shattered the very last person who cared for her, but it was for the best. Hurting him now was better than hurting him when she died. 

"I don't love you I never did. You were a good fuck, that's it. I never want to be with you, ever. You were a good rebound, nothing more. So, go, leave, because we are done. I just used you because I needed a good fuck and you did the job just fine." Marcus looked down at Jade and threw his hands up in the air.

"You never cared, fine. I guess you were a good fuck while it lasted. Suppose I was the only person who wanted to be your sloppy seconds.  So, you can go fuck yourself, Jade, don't expect to see me around anymore." Marcus walked towards the door, angry at Jade and angry at everything. He gave one last look back to the destructive woman he loved and slammed the door as he walked away like everyone else.

Jade remembered crying for some time once Marcus finally left. She felt a part of her heart walk out with him, but it was for the best. She didn't want his love, she just wanted to die. She cried until the burning sensation of the dark liquor slid down her throat and her body became numb and she drank until she passed out that night.

***

Yellow beams of sunlight peeked through the curtains, and Jade hissed, trying to cover her eyes. Everything hurt. She draped her arm over her eyes while her other hand search for a bottle for her morning breakfast. She found a bottle and lifted it to her lips to find it empty. She threw it across the room and heard the shatter of glass she didn't have to worry about stepping on.

She sat herself up and smacked her dry lips together. The lingering taste of bad breath, whiskey and vomit graced her mouth as she grabbed the closest bottle which also was empty.

"Fuck!" She groaned, rubbing her hands over her face. She looked down and her strained shirt and dragged her sorry ass over towards the kitchen. Knowing most things were on the top shelf of her fridge, she grabbed the box of strawberries that were on one of the lower shelves.  Once she pulled them down into her lap, she opened the half-empty bottle of wine she also found and sat on her kitchen floor eating strawberries and wine.

Once the wine and strawberries were gone Jade dragged herself back over to her lounge room and lied on her pillow ready to go back to sleep. She couldn't remember falling asleep last night. She couldn't remember anything, and she was glad. The more she could forget, the less everything would hurt.

She found a half-empty bottle on the way and once she was by her makeshift bed she quickly finished the remaining bottles until there were none left. She knew she would have to order more, but for now, she would close her eyes and take the much-needed nap her body was begging for.

***

Marcus had just woken up and wasn't surprised by the foul taste of beer that lingered in his mouth. Rolling out of bed, he went for a quick shower and brushed the horrid taste out of his mouth.

When he walked into the kitchen he wasn't surprised to see his brother cooking by the stove.

"Another rough night?" Marco handed his brother a bottle of water, which he guzzled down. Marcus said nothing as he sat down and waited for the food to be finished.

"She is a fucking bitch," Marcus grumbled, and his brother pretended he didn't hear.

"It's been a whole fucking week and what she said is still stuck in my head." He knew he shouldn't be angry, but he was. He was so fucking angry at Jade and her dismissal of him, but he still fucking loved her despite all the shit she was putting everyone through.