Helpless

Elizabeth Schuyler had never been the type to try and grab the spotlight but when she saw Alexander Hamilton this evening her heart went boom.

Of course, she had seen him before in the hallways or at the house speaker meetings but she had never really... looked at him. Yes, this was kinda weird for her since Eliza always cared about people, especially when they were new and needed her help, but Alexander Hamilton already had so many other students running after him that she would feel stupid for trying to befriend him.

Or Alexander would think she was stupid. The poor guy had so much work to do and still so many people around him all the time that Eliza just didn't want to be one of them as well. So she stayed shallow and ignored the new student for most of the time, other than her sister Angelica who had talked about him for a few days now and about how he totally spied on her Quidditch team. Eliza however didn't think that he could do something like that, even when she didn't tell her sister so.

At least not after Alexander stood up for her at a house speaker meeting. This was the first time she had really started thinking about the new student and what was going on inside his head. He thought exactly like her and Eliza hadn't met many wizards like this before!

Not even her father thought that Squibs were important for the wizard society, even though he was president of the MACUSA and should know it better. He could help the Squibs and his own daughter with so many things! But of course, he didn't. He just cared too much about what the others would think. But with a little more work Eliza was sure that she would be able to convince him to do the right thing.

In the mean time she would be busy changing things at her own school. The Squibs and the Pukwudgies deserve a little more respect for all the work they do and as a house speaker, I can finally get them a little more! Eliza was only fifteen years old but she already knew how important it was that anyone was treated the same and she would do everything to get everyone else to see that too.

And somehow Alexander Hamilton, the new student from the Caribbean who didn't even know magic exists a month ago, thought the same. Well, at least he held a long and aggressive speech about how important Squibs were for the school and with that, defended Eliza's own thoughts. He surely didn't do it for me but he still likes Squibs. He also said a lot of very offensive things to Thomas but he kinda... said mean things about Peggy. Still, that wasn't very nice of Alexander. But even when Alexander Hamilton was rude and got angry very fast Eliza couldn't stop herself from thinking about all the things he had said.

He's just so... amazing and he had so many arguments as if he had thought about this subject for a long time already. As if other people really mean something to him. I don't very often meet wizards who noticed this unfairness before I talked to them about it. And as if that wasn't enough already, Alexander was also very good looking. It wasn't like this was the only thing counting for Eliza. No, she really didn't care about looks this much but she just couldn't stop staring at him.

So she started avoiding him whenever it was possible or she would just forget everything around her and swoon about the orphan from the Caribbean and his beautiful hair and how it looked as if he never combed through it but somehow was still really soft and smooth and how was that even possible? Stop it Eliza, not here!, she would think every time but she just couldn't. Her only hope was that Alexander wouldn't notice how she stared at him all the time. Just this morning when they decorated the dining hall he did and shot her a quick smile. A smile! Maybe he likes me! Eliza shook her head. No he doesn't, you haven't even talked to him once, you stupid little girl!