Non-Stop

"Hammy! What are you doing there?"

Alex put his quill away and glanced up at the person speaking to him. John. He quickly blinked a few times to concentrate better on what his friend had just said.

"I'm writing", he replied after a while and showed him the parchment.

"I see that but what are you writing?", John asked again and took a seat right next to him. What am I writing? It was hard to remember since he had to do so many things at the same time.

"Uh, what are we writing right now again, Madison?", Alex said to the person across from him.

James Madison was a small guy, almost as small as Alex himself, being one of the reasons why he liked working with him. The other was that he was very quiet and a little shy so he didn't bother Alex while he was writing.

"An essay", Madison answered and yawned.

"Ah, yes right. It's a group work, if you remember", Alex explained to John.

"Something in our history class, isn't it?", the freckled boy asked and played with the broom in his hands. Only now Alex realized that he was still wearing his Quidditch uniform. So he had just been practicing with his team.

"Yes, yes. History", Alex confirmed and tried to hold back a yawn.

"Alex. The essay is due in over two weeks", John remembered him slowly.

"Yeah, I know we just wanted to finish a few weeks earlier", Alex replied. "We're already done, see."

He showed his friend a big bundle of papers. John took a deep breath.

"Alexander. How many pages are this?", he asked. The small boy only shrugged. Of course he knew how much they wrote but still, John would only be worried if he found out and he didn't want that.

"Madison." John turned to the other student. "I'm asking you just once. How many pages did you write?" Madison winced at the sound of the anger in his voice.

"The plan was to write a total of twenty five pages, the work dived evenly among the three of us. In the end we wrote eighty five."

Alex sighed. Of course Madison would be too scared of John to keep his mouth shut.

"Eighty five? YOU WROTE EIGHTY FIVE PAGES?"

Okay, they had to calm him down. Somehow. As always in a situation like this Alex did what he could do best. Talking.

"Well, yes. John Jay got sick after writing five. I don't understand why he didn't keep on working, I mean it's only a small cold, Madison is always sick and he still wrote more!", Alex explained.

"Um, Thank you?", Madison replied.

"How many did you write?", John asked dangerously calm. Shit. Keep talking. Just keep taking.

"My good friend James Madison here wrote twenty nine. Good job by the way."

"Alex, just answer my question!"

Alex didn't know what to do now. He didn't want John to get angry at him or to sent him to bed or whatever he did the last one and a half week when he overworked. If I want my house to win the house cup I have to get points and I get them with being good in class. Also I need to become house speaker. I have so much work to do!