What'd I miss?

"Quoi? He gave you a time turner?"

"Shhht! Nobody is supposed to know!"

"Désolè, that's so cool! When I was new he didn't give me one, c'est injuste!", Lafayette whispered.

"Yeah, maybe because you had the education of a normal, thirteen year old wizard back then", Hercules remembered him and ruffled his hair.

"I can't believe he told you to use it for school only", John said, shaking his head unbelievingly. "All the cool things we could do with it, like going back into medieval times or help to defeat Grindelwald. Man, we could change history!" Alex sighed, oh how he wished that they could do that but sadly it won't work.

"Sorry John the time turner only sends you back highest six hours", he explained.

"Also, we don't want Hammy here to get expelled, right?", Lafayette added. The others nodded, even though they didn't look very happy about it.

"Nobody is supposed to know, I'm already breaking the rules by telling you and having it with me here", Alex whispered so quietly that his friends had to lean over to hear him.

"Don't worry, bro. We got you", Hercules promised.

"Ham, we're at dinner you probably should have told us somewhere else if you want to keep this a secret", John replied and looked around quickly but no one was looking into their direction. Yes, it might have been a mistake to bring the time turner to dinner but Alex had been so exited he just needed to tell someone. And who else than his friends, the only people he trusted here other than his brother, were qualified for this?

Even though it was dinner they were all sitting at the Wampus table since most students were already walking around talking with their own friends so nobody took notice of the things the four students spoke about. Alex had been so exited that he couldn't swallow a bite of his food but now that he had told somebody his hunger came back. He had to hurry up if he wanted to eat something before dinner ended!

Suddenly someone tapped his back and as he turned around he recognized the Hornet Serpent student James Madison. He wore as always his thick blue and cranberry scarf, even though it was still summer, and sneezed.

"Can I- can I sit there?", he asked, pointing at the empty chair next to Alex.

"Um, Yeah of course", he answered. This was weird, normally Madison never stood up from his place at his own table unless it was for lunch or to get food from the buffet. Alex searched for his normal place on the Hornet Serpent table next to Aaron but he only found Angelica who was talking to three other girls. Suddenly she looked right back at him with her fierce glance. Slowly Alex raised his hand and waved at her but she only turned away from him with a scoff.

"You're worried, aren't you?", Lafayette sighed and muttered something in French Alex couldn't understand. What should he be worried about?

"Yes, of course I am!", Madison whined, taking out a piece of paper. "He wrote he would come today but it's evening already and he isn't here!" He? Who's he? What are they talking about?

"I'm sure nothing bad happened, you know him he probably decided to arrive a day later or something and forgot to tell anyone", John tried to calm the smaller student.

"Who are you talking about, who's coming?", Alex asked, crossing his arms. He hated it when his friends didn't tell him everything. Yes, it had taken a while for him to feel comfortable around everyone and like he belonged here and now all out of sudden, he felt like he still didn't know anything about his friends. I hate feeling excluded!