"Uhhhhh yeah, um undying love and all that she said, that's it."

Molly looked so genuinely confused that I actually almost felt sorry for her.

"You know what, Fine. Whatever. You weren't even that attractive anyway." She muttered, stalking off.

I felt his hot breath on my ear again. "What the hell was that?"

I grinned, although he couldn't see it. "What ever in the world do you mean, my dear love?"

I turned to see the amusement dancing in his eyes. I noticed that people were beginning to leave. "Walk with me?" He asked quietly and I smiled softly.

"I'm just gonna tell Sadie, I'll be right back."

I ran over to where Sadie was chatting with Trev, she saw me and her eyes lit up.

"Hey I'm thinking of heading home now. Trev said he'd give me a lift back if you wanted to stay longer." She offered.

"Are you sure?" I frowned and she laughed, waving her hand.

"Yeah it's fine. I think someone is waiting on your attention babe." I let out a breathy laugh as she winked, wrapping her arms around me in a hug.

"Go get 'Im tiger." She said, winking at me as she turned to leave. I felt my face grow hot as I turned to where I left Oscar.

-/-

We walked along the Oceanside, the firelight was still bright and warm, basking the sea in its dull glow. I could see the city lights across the way, they stretched across the entire way, reflecting off the water in the other side.

A thought swam in my mind and I hesitated slightly, not knowing how to bring it up. Sensing my indecisiveness, he quirked a lip.

"What's up?"

"Back at the party house, then when you were walking Junior, you were attacked. Was that CURRENT?"

His eyes turned hard at the mention of the organization, but he gave a brief nod.

"Are they trying to kill you?" I asked slowly and he shrugged.

"I doubt it. I'm guessing their idea is to hold me hostage to force the file about of Trev or the knowledge out of me."

I frowned. "They're being pretty reckless, huh?"

He turned, throwing me a knowing look. "They may seem all over the place, but they're dangerous. They're desperate and it's making them careless. They act aggressively."

"And you just so happen to be able to fight them off every time?"

He gave me a sideways glance. "I don't think they're a government organization, they're too unprofessional. The people they hire are all addicts or cheap hitmen, they're not really trained. It would be a different story if they had the funding to properly come after me. My dad insisted that I take self defense when I was young, I don't even want to think about him predetermining this situation." He said, quietly towards the end.

I shrugged. "Still, to have to be constantly on edge that you'll be attacked. That's just be so nerve-wrecking."

His lip quirked upwards. "I suppose. It's only for another while though." He added, and I knew what he was talking about, reminding me of what CURRENT had told me.

"Current paid me another visit this morning."

His head whipped to a side in shock.

"They told me that there was no way of knowing if you could come back through the time loop."